Can i Flash EU Firmware in US Based TP Link Hardware ???

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.13.2 Build 230824
Caption

Hi Dear All,

I'm Using TP Link Archer C6 V4 Router. Recently an update came which version is 1.13.5 and DoH Support Turned off and i found that it's a bug in this firmware. So, flashed my router firmware to 1.13.2 which is in Official Website firmware list.

Now, i got to know that, there is a beta firmware for this router and i don't wanna get bricked or other problem with flashing beta rom. cause it's my home router and i'm using this router for 24/7 for working purposes. 

Anyway, Now my question is there is an EU Version Firmware available for TP Link Archer C6 V4.

Can i flash this Firmware in my US based Hardware and Firmware Variant ????

Options
4 Reply
Re:Can i Flash EU Firmware in US Based TP Link Hardware ???
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@0x0mehrab 

DoH is implemented in FW v1.13.2. So you'd better stay on that version until a stable version is released.

Here's the FW v1.13.7 which is a beta FW release and it should be suitable for the US region as well - check this thread as an example.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2 weeks ago

@terziyski Can you answer my last question kindly????

can i do it safely ???

i mean can i flash EU firmware in my Tp Link Archer C6 V4 US varient?

Options
2 weeks ago

@0x0mehrab 

It depends on the FW release you want to update to.

Some FW releases are regionally dependent, some are universal.

If you share which FW release you want to update to, you could be advised on that.

In general, if a FW release is for different region the router won't allow you to update with issuing an error message, but it won't brick.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2 weeks ago
Okay Got it......
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 142

Replies: 4

Related Articles