BE800 on 1.1.1 and 1.99.97 unstable?

a week ago
Model: Archer BE800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 and 1.99.97

On the previous to 1.1.1/1.99.97 my BE800s were rock solid, great wifi and I felt like I made the right decision to get off an Orbi setup.

With these two firmwares, I'm using an ethernet backhaul between two BE800s and my router crashes at least twice a day.  

Is anyone else having the same experience?  We need the net up as I work from home and a roommate is on call for remote IT and this stuff has got to be rock solid.   

Options
3 Reply
Re:BE800 on 1.1.1 and 1.99.97 unstable?
a week ago

@mathan416 

Hi, thanks for posting question here. 

Could you share more for better analysis by our support engineer?

1. The previous firmware version

2.How did you make two Archer BE800 work? As Easymesh ethernet backhaul is a new added function from 1.1.1 version.  Did you connect 2 BE800 via Easymesh wireless backhaul? Or ser second BE800 as AP mode?

3.What does "routers crashes" mean? Failed to access the internet wirelessly?  Does it happen on both BE800? Can BE800 obtain IP address?

4.Whenthe issue happens, if you acess the Tether APP via mobile data istead of wifi connection, can you log into the Tether app and manage BE800?

5. When the issue happens, what is the status od LED on the main BE800? Can you log into the web interface to check the Internet status? Can you export system log and share us?

Thanks for cooperation!

Options
a week ago

@Marvin_S 

1. The previous firmware version

1.1.1 was the pervious version, and then I upgraded to the beta build.

2.How did you make two Archer BE800 work? As Easymesh ethernet backhaul is a new added function from 1.1.1 version.  Did you connect 2 BE800 via Easymesh wireless backhaul? Or ser second BE800 as AP mode?

I'm using Ethernet Backhaul on 1.1.1 and then on the beta build.

3.What does "routers crashes" mean? Failed to access the internet wirelessly?  Does it happen on both BE800? Can BE800 obtain IP address?

Anytime anyone says anything about a router crashing, it means it stops working, restarts.  Like a power cycle but something causes the router to stop working and it restarts itself.  At one point it crashed about 5 times in one afternoon.

4.Whenthe issue happens, if you acess the Tether APP via mobile data istead of wifi connection, can you log into the Tether app and manage BE800?

I can, yes.  What's not acceptable is the number of times it crashes since upgrading to 1.1.1 or the Beta build.

5. When the issue happens, what is the status od LED on the main BE800? Can you log into the web interface to check the Internet status? Can you export system log and share us?

I'll see if i can pull one.

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@mathan416 

Thanks for your prompt reply.

We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

Options