What reports are available with the Security+ and Advanced Parental Controls subscriptions?

What reports are available with the Security+ and Advanced Parental Controls subscriptions?

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I'm looking for something that will let me view data usage for each specific device in real-time AND per day, per hour, per week, and per month.

I've been told that this is not available through Security+ and Advanced Parental controls but I'm still curious about what specifically is available.   I've read through the info I could find and all it says is generic stuff like "comprehensive insights", "detailed reports", "comprehensive reports" but it doesn't say exactly what kind of reports are available.  In an earlier post someone posted a screenshot that showed data used on a per user basis but I'm sure there have to be more reports available.  It would be great of TP Link could actually publish a list of everything available in Homeshield. 

BTW, I posted this on another Deco forum.  I thought there was only one but apparently there are two.  They look identical but do not share the same content.  

One has "en" in the URL, the other one has "us" in the URL.   The "en" one (this one) seems to have more traffic so figured I'd post this here too. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:What reports are available with the Security+ and Advanced Parental Controls subscriptions?
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Hey @SDGTR,

I saw your post on our subreddit and figured, I would provide a reply to you here. Glad to have you over here! The EN forum(this one) is our global forum and deals with supporting international products and services. The US forum has a smaller designated team to work with products and services released in the United States, and we have a bit more focus on engagement and communication of releases.

HomeShield is currently undergoing a few changes, which may be contributing to why it is difficult to find an answer, but we can always go and look at something in our lab if specifics are needed. We are working on putting together the official resources for the new subscriptions and features.

For the most part, the HomeShield paid services are feature-oriented, such as adding additional protections or controls to your home network. While they do add some additional reporting functionalities, their key functions are feature-oriented.

Full reports are generally limited to weekly and monthly levels. They are given as deliverables with a notification rather than in a week-to-date, real-time format.

I assume that these are the images that you found on the global forum, and we are working to get HomeShield on a Deco in our lab to further explore the insights given,and will get back to you with some more details.

Are there specific features or insights that you are looking for that we can highlight? 

Options
Re:What reports are available with the Security+ and Advanced Parental Controls subscriptions?
2 weeks ago

@Riley_S 

Thanks for the reply.  The features I'm looking for are the ability to monitor traffic by device in real-time with a historical log of hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly usage.  

Basically, it looks like the reports currently available are on a per user basis but I need usage by device.  And although I can see DL and UL speeds by device in real time, it doesn't show data usage and as far as I can tell, there's no way to sort the device list dynamically based on UL and DL traffic, so if the app shows 20Mbps DL, there's no good way to figure out which device is actually generating the traffic without going through the list device by device.  

I suppose I could do something similar if I were to create a User for every device but that would be very cumbersome and way too much work.  

Stats like most visited and most blocked websites can definitely be useful in addition to a log of traffic by device, but not instead of.  

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Hey @SDGTR,

I think that you are largely correct and that there is only a baseline level of reports at a per-device level. With breakdowns only being offered at a User Level. We are currently setting up a mesh system to explore the feature and prepare some official content on the available reporting, so we will take an extra look at this aspect when we can next week.

Unfortunately, with all the changes we will need to verify the features and cannot provide an absolute yes or no answer.

We will will make sure to forward the feedback that the device list should be sortable by current usage and that there is a need to track device activity, not just user activity in reports.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 96

Replies: 3

Related Articles