Sky hub, older AV600 & wired connections to Sky hub
Sky hub, older AV600 & wired connections to Sky hub
2024-05-21 14:52:19
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

Hoping someone can help / advise.

I've had an AV 600 kit for a few years now & working as expected.  I've got the powerline connected to LAN port on Sky hub then one powerline extender which we connect to via wifi.

What I want to do is run a Cat5 cable from Sky hub approx 20 metres to a cabin then have a 5 port wired hub up there, basically to connect a TV & Laptop onto.

Any idea if there's something creative I need to do either on Sky hub or Powerline devices as when i plug the Cat5 cable in, ethernet not seen.  As soon as I unplug the Powerline Cat5 from Sky hub then the wired connection works.

Can't decide if there's something preventing having both wired connections and Powerline plugged into SKy hub or if I'm being less than smart!

Any help appreciated.

Sorry that I don't know software or firmware release on AV600.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Sky hub, older AV600 & wired connections to Sky hub
2024-05-22 08:09:48

@chubber 

Is your Sky hub in router mode ? Swap the LAN ports for PLC and the new ethernet cable then check how it goes.

That's most probably due to a configuration settings on your Sky hub.

To exclude any cabling issues check your new ethernet cable with a cable tester to make sure it's crimped properly.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 114

Replies: 1

Related Articles