Moving all configuration settings of the modem from VR1200 2.0 to VR1200 3.0.

2024-05-25 16:48:09
Tags: #Installation #configuration
Model: Archer VR1200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I was using VR400 v2.0 modem. I had all my settings for virtual servers, Telnet, FTP etc. and it was working smoothly. There was a power failure and my modem had trouble connecting to the internet. I also backed up all configuration settings. I have a configuration file named conf.bin. While purchasing a new model modem, I bought VR400 v3.0 with the suggestion of a sales representative who said that I could upload the configuration file I had. Because it made perfect sense, maybe you could load the backup file you got from v3.0 into an older version. However, new versions recognize the old. This is logical. But it didn't happen that way. v.3.0 new version v2.0 did not recognize the backup file prepared in the old version. Isn't it great? Imagine, you use a mobile phone, you buy a new model after years and the manufacturer says, no dude, we can't get a phone book from the old version, yes, you will have to manually enter those thousands of phone numbers into this new phone you bought... You are great TP-LINK!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 89

Replies: 0

Tags

Installation
configuration
Related Articles