RE650(V2) not working with SmartTV

2024-05-26 19:29:21 - last edited 2024-05-27 20:15:48
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: RE650(EU)_V2_211130

Hi,

I have a very strange problem with the range extender. Everything is configured and works almost perfectly. Except Yuoutube app on my TV (Panasonic 49JX900). Regardless if I switch from from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz Wifi from extender Youtube app won't load and I get a "Network error". All other apps on TV works perfectly (Netflix, Disney, Prime etc). The connection speed is around 75-100mbps so it's not a problem with slow connection. The funniest part is that when I launch the built in internet browser in TV and go to Youtube thourgh it, it works. But the standard app that comes built in the Smart TV doesn't work. It's not the app fault. I've checked the TV on different Wifi and it works (it worked on old extender from other company). Youtube works on other devices that I connect to the extender (my Android Smartphone, laptop etc). But it doesn't connect on my TV.

Any idea what can I do to make it work?

Br.
El Pagus

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE650(V2) not working with SmartTV
2024-06-21 08:54:16

@El_Pagus 

Hi,

Please uninstall and then reinstall the YouTube app on the TV.

If that cannot help, please also provide a screenshot of the error message when it cannot load Youtube APP.

Besides, if possible, you can also switch RE650 as access point mode and test again.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 127

Replies: 1

Related Articles