Outdoor Cover for x50

Outdoor Cover for x50

Outdoor Cover for x50
Outdoor Cover for x50
2024-05-31 13:07:39
Model: Deco X50 - PoE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have a spare x50 poe unit that I would like to mount under the edge of my roof to cover the back garden. However I know its not IP rated. Has anyone experimented with a weatherproof box similar to below and what were the results?

r/TpLink - Outdoor Cover for x50

I'm not looking for the official stance which I expect will be to buy a new poe outdoor unit, just what others may have done from a DIY aspect. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Outdoor Cover for x50
2024-06-07 07:46:08

@FlabbyPanda 

Hi, Do you also plan to run an Ethernet cable connecting this Deco X50-PoE to the indoor POE switch?

If you intend to wirelessly connect the Deco X50-POE to indoor Deco units instead, using this sealed box may not only obstruct the indoor wireless connection but also interfere with the wireless network broadcasted from the Deco X50-POE to the garden. The effectiveness of the blockage will depend on the materials of the weatherproof box.

Placing the Deco X50-POE in a weatherproof box might not be a recommended suggestion. You may consider mounting the Deco X50-POE indoors near the nearest windows or walls that face the garden.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options