S23 Ultra can only connect to 6e or IoT

2024-05-31 13:09:30
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.9

My Samsung S23 Ultra is the only device on the network capable of using the 6GHz (6E) network.  It connects to the network with no problem, but as the range is not as far as the 5GHz (6) or 2.5GHz networks and I sometimes need to set up WiFi 6 only devices I would like to be able to connect to either network.  When I try to connect, I get an error message that says the connection is not authorized.  I know at one point I had a problem connecting to the 6 GHz network when setting it up.  I had temporarily used the setting in the Deco App to only allow that device on the 6E network, but I have confirmed the current setting is "any", just like my other devices.  I can successfully connect to the 2.5GHz IoT network.  It appears like the setting or some part of the configuration is still only allowing my phone on the 6E network instead of any with the best available.  I have tried changing it to WiFi6 only, and still can't connect...  Any ideas on how to proceed troubleshooting?

Options
2 Reply
Re:S23 Ultra can only connect to 6e or IoT
2024-06-07 07:29:12

@Kzdeutsch 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

It is suggested to turn off 2.4GHz on the Main network and leave 5Ghz only, then restart the Deco once. After that, please check on the Samsung S23 Ultra again.

If possible, please also try to enable the Guest network for 5Ghz only to see whether the Samsung S23 Ultra could connect to the 5GHz guest network.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:S23 Ultra can only connect to 6e or IoT
2024-06-07 10:56:12

@David-TP , thank you very much. That works.

Options