TX55E Weird Bluetooth Issue

3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Archer TX55E  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have a very weird bluetooth related issue and I'm unable to figure out what the cause of it could be.

My Build is as follows:

- Ryzen 5 5500
- Asrock B450M Steel Legend

- 32GB DDR4 RAM

- Corsair CX550F PSU

- RX 6600XT GPU

I was initially using a TP-link Bluetooth USB (TP-link UB400) and it was working fine'ish but the range wasn't as great.

So I decided to buy the Archer TX55E which has WiFi and Bluetooth together.

I am using Logitech MX Keys Mini and Logitech MX Master 3s for my keyboard/mouse.

Installed the TX55E component and everything seemed to be good. But after 1 or 2 hours of usage, the Bluetooth connection randomly drops and both my mouse and keyboard are unusable. Switching them on/off did not help at all. 

Then, I plugged in my UB400 Bluetooth usb in the usb port and all of a sudden both start working. I took out the Bluetooth USB and everything still continued working. 

Give it another 30/40 minutes and the same issue occurs again and keeps occurring frequently. The only way to have it keep working is plug-in the usb and unplug it and it starts working again.

I've tried re-installing windows from scratch, I've tried all the drivers on the TP-Link website to make sure it isn't a driver issue, but I have run out of ideas as to what would be causing this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TX55E Weird Bluetooth Issue-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Sunshine 

Ok so it turns out it was a very silly issue.

I tried doing some tests and the issue was resolved with any USB device being plugged in and the Bluetooth devices would start working again.

So I dug around a bit more and I made the following change:

Device Manager -> Intel Wireless Bluetooth -> Properties -> Power Management -> Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'

And I haven't seen the issue happen again. In case this helps anyone else facing something similar.

Thank you though for the idea, as got to this step by plugging in a USB keyboard and the sudden realization.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:TX55E Weird Bluetooth Issue
3 weeks ago

@nikhilc 

Hi, 

Please go to device manager and check if it can update the driver.

Can you still see the adapter in the device manager when the drop issue happens?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:TX55E Weird Bluetooth Issue-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Sunshine 

Ok so it turns out it was a very silly issue.

I tried doing some tests and the issue was resolved with any USB device being plugged in and the Bluetooth devices would start working again.

So I dug around a bit more and I made the following change:

Device Manager -> Intel Wireless Bluetooth -> Properties -> Power Management -> Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'

And I haven't seen the issue happen again. In case this helps anyone else facing something similar.

Thank you though for the idea, as got to this step by plugging in a USB keyboard and the sudden realization.

Recommended Solution
Options