Network dns resolution very slow

2024-06-05 17:31:24
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1

Hi, since a week or so I'm experiencing very slow resolution times. 

I've Investigated with a sowftware called internet-pi hosted on a raspberry that constantly perform network testing. I've didi because I was convinced that the problem was on the ISP side. 

Today my internet provider borrowed me another router and I've attached the raspberry to the new router:

The http resolve time is strangely constant.

From about 17.50 to 18 the raspberry was off, then was reattached to the new router (you can see fast resolution time), and then I've reattched the deco and gone back to bad results.

I've tried changing DNS server but the time remain constant. 

Raspberry is connected via ethernet. 

The firmware is updated, and I'm thinking the unit has some sort of failure, don't know if hardware or software. I own this system from about 6 months, and till know it worked, even if I had some doubt because I've changed it when I've changed ISP and I had some issue here and there. 

I've bought it through Amazon and thinking of returning it. 

Someone has faced similar issues? The last try I'm going to do is to switch the main unit with one I have in another room. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Network dns resolution very slow
2024-06-06 09:53:33

@gianiaz 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

Can I also have a screenshot of the Network DNS resolution time monitored by the Raspberry Pi?

May I know what issues you have experienced that you thought might be related to the slow Network DNS resolution?

And is the Raspberry Pi connected to the main Deco XE75 or the satellite?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 156

Replies: 1

Related Articles