POE and Ethernet Backhaul

2024-06-07 14:22:16
Model: Deco X50 - PoE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all

Looking to get 2 units of X50-POE for my apartment. I have a Cat 6 cable wired to each point in the ceiling where I intend to mount it, and there are no power sockets available, thus the POE option. 

I would also like to connect both units together with another cat 6 cable, and use a Ethernet backhaul setup in router mode.

The modem will connect to the POE switch, and 1 Ethernet cable to each unit's 1Gbps/POE port to power it, AND an additional Ethernet cable between Unit A's 2.5Gbps and Unit B 2.5Gbps port.  

Would this set up work? 

thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:POE and Ethernet Backhaul
2024-06-11 07:47:43

@allcowsmoo 

Hi,

If your topology is like modem--switch---2*Deco X50-POE, then please set up the Deco as Access point mode. There is no need to add another Ethernet cable between the two Deco units.

But if the topology is modem--main Deco--switch--satellite Deco, then it should work as wireless router mode.

And you can refer to this FAQ to know more about the connection: General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 223

Replies: 1

Related Articles