Deco disconnecting from internet

2024-06-13 14:45:28 - last edited 2024-06-13 14:47:12
Model: Deco X80-5G  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.1.1

Hi

My X80 (configured to wired ISP with 5G backup) keep dropping off the internet (2-3 per week) random times. The status light remains green yet there is no connectivity. I am making the assumption that its not my wired ISP failing otherwise the 5G would kick in (which is doesn't perfectly when tested). After about 20 mins the issues resolves itself without intervention.

I've had the unit since Feb 2024 and the problem as started in the last couple of months.

Any ideas would be gratefully welcome.

Thanks Simon

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco disconnecting from internet
2024-06-14 06:22:59

@sripley12 

Hi,

When the drop issue happens, please use a wired device to test if the internet from the front end is normal or not. And you can also use another device to test the SIM card.

Did your ISP provide you the Deco X80-5G? If it is customized by the ISP, you can also check with them, if there is a new firmware for it.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Deco disconnecting from internet
2024-06-14 10:42:36

@Sunshine Hey - thanks for replying. I have a NAS device which is wired into the Deco - no connectivity to that during the problem. SIM card good - works in a phone. No I brought the router myself.  Its been working fine up until now. 

Thanks 

Simon

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 170

Replies: 2

Related Articles