Need a guide to connect 2 supposedly OneMesh routers in a single OneMesh network

Need a guide to connect 2 supposedly OneMesh routers in a single OneMesh network

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Archer AX95   Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20230620 rel.40495(5553)

Hi Experts, I am looking just for simple extender function on my Archer C80 and somehow I am unable to find any such WDS feature on it.

AX95 is the main router which has ethernet connection, I tried setting up OneMesh/EasyMesh, but in both routers settings, I am unable to make the other come under Mesh Devices hence not able to set it up. 

Can someone point out, if what I am trying to achieve is even possible, I know it was possible till even a few years ago but somehow now these basic features have been removed in the name of ease of usage?

And if its possible, can someone point me out to a relevant guide for the same?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Need a guide to connect 2 supposedly OneMesh routers in a single OneMesh network-Solution

@thebanik 

When you have Onemesh capable router (AX95) you can use a only a range extender to build a mesh - check this FAQ.

You can build mesh between two routers only if both are Easymesh capable.

It's worth mentioning that many users were able to build mesh between Onemesh capable (main router) and Easymesh capable (satellite router), using the WPS method.

So you could go ahead and try building a mesh between AX95 and C80 (for example).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Need a guide to connect 2 supposedly OneMesh routers in a single OneMesh network-Solution

@thebanik 

When you have Onemesh capable router (AX95) you can use a only a range extender to build a mesh - check this FAQ.

You can build mesh between two routers only if both are Easymesh capable.

It's worth mentioning that many users were able to build mesh between Onemesh capable (main router) and Easymesh capable (satellite router), using the WPS method.

So you could go ahead and try building a mesh between AX95 and C80 (for example).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 70

Replies: 1

Related Articles