Votes

Tapo P110M update for Matter 1.3

Votes

Tapo P110M update for Matter 1.3

25 Reply
Re:Tapo P110M update for Matter 1.3
2 weeks ago

@Wayne-TP Hi Wayne.  I'm wanting to use the P110M plugs with my Homey Pro. Homey Pro are working with Eve, so it might be a good time to engage with them.  See https://community.homey.app/t/matter-1-3-specification-released-will-power-monitoring-now-be-supported-by-homey/115197 

Options
2 weeks ago
Same here, I'm also looking forward to get full Matter 1.3 support with energy monitoring as claimed by TP-Link marketing. I'll buy more of them once I see them fully working with Homey Pro
Options
RE:Tapo P110M update for Matter 1.3
Sunday - last edited Sunday

@mocelet 

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/matter-power-monitoring-plug-on-off-controls-only/658092/10

check the internet more often please before claiming something doesn't exist. I have discovered months ago that Matter 1.3 plugs exist since it works fine on HA using matter. To be fair, I belive tp-link/tapo creates a lot better products than generic tuya rebrand stuff so I am waiting for this too. I have the regular P110 non M and I prefer using these smartplugs the most over others. And I look forward to buying some P110Ms once the new firmware proper is out.

Options
Sunday

TP-Link is incredibly quiet here. The spec has been out for over 3 months, these devices are still being sold as both "energy monitors" and "matter compatible".

Holding out buying anymore of these at the moment because I am worried TP-Link is going to release a P115M or something that supports the energy monitor in matter.

Options
RE:Tapo P110M update for Matter 1.3
Monday - last edited Monday

@Riri0 Alright, so there is one generic (uncertified?) plug that indeed reports the power through Matter. Not very representative of the market right now, just look at the list of certified Matter 1.3 smart plugs, a brand I've not heard in my life (HooRii) and Eve, which is certified but the firmware update is not released yet.

Edit: By the way, the context of my message was a user saying that the competitors already had updated their plugs to Matter 1.3 and Tapo was behind. And let's be fair, nobody with certified smart plugs have updated them yet, including Sengled, Meross, WiZ, Eve, Onvis, Ledvance or Shelly to name a few. However, I agree it's about time to release those updates, there's been time to implement and test the feature, hopefully they'll be in the certification process.

Options

Voters 17

+ 13 Voters