MR6400 V4 works for ipv6 but not ipv4 with two sims of different carriers.

a week ago
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.7.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 181214 Rel.49556n

I have an old MR6400 v4 and I've tried two different sims with it (Vodafone Idea, and Jio in India). 

For both sims, the router gets IP for ipv6 but nothing for ipv4 (the field is empty, not 0.0.0.0). If I use "ipv4 and ipv6" for PDP type it shows connected and it receives IP only for ipv6 which works for connecting to ipv6 sites (if I set the ipv6 DNS in my end-device, since I can't set it in the router). If I choose ipv4 only as PDP type, it stays disconnected. 

Since this is happening with two different carriers, I'm wondering if this is a known issue with the router itself? It's also possible that carriers are using similar setups and they don't support using sim from a router. Any ideas if a firmware upgrade might help or anything I could try?

Btw, I did look at the ipv6 tunnel feature but I think it's for tunneling ipv6 through ipv4? I could possibly use DNS64 and NAT64 but I'd rather not have to do that.

Options
1 Reply
Re:MR6400 V4 works for ipv6 but not ipv4 with two sims of different carriers.
a week ago - last edited Yesterday

@Jbourne 

Hi,

Please help provide the following information:

1. Take a screenshot of the APN settings on the router. And insert the same SIM into the phone and also take a screenshot of the APN settings.

2. Power on the router, after it gets internet normally, get the system log of the router. How to view and save System Log of TP-Link wireless router.

You can send me log via message.

Besides, may I also confirm who is your ISP?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 52

Replies: 1

Related Articles