Deco M4 - IPV4 Problem

Deco M4 - IPV4 Problem

Deco M4 - IPV4 Problem
Deco M4 - IPV4 Problem
a week ago
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Deco M4(US)_V2_1.6.1 Build 20231227

Hello,  I've been having trouble setting up my Deco network. My setup includes a modem and two Deco M4 units. 

When I configure my modem in bridge mode, my Deco can only obtain an IPv6 address, not an IPv4 address. However, if I switch my modem to router mode and use double NAT, the Deco can obtain an IPv4 address.  

I suspect the issue lies with the Deco units because, when my modem is in bridge mode and connected directly to my PC, the PC receives both an IPv6 address and a public IPv4 address. For reference, my ISP provides dynamic IPv4 addresses.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco M4 - IPV4 Problem
a week ago

@Tango_Fox 

Hi,

When you switch the modem to the router mode, will it get an IPv4 or IPv6 address from the ISP?

Please turn off the IPv6 connection on Deco when you set the modem as a bridge mode, and check if the Deco can get an IPv4 address. How to set up an IPv6 internet connection on my Deco.

Besides, may I confirm who is your internet service provider and the internet connection type?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Sunshine 

Hello,

When the modem is in router mode:

Modem in router mode

Deco IPV4 when modem is on router mode

Deco IPV6 when modem is on router mode

When modem is on bridge mode connected directly to my PC, i have both IPV6 and a public IPV4:

Bridge mode

When modem is on bridge mode and with IPV6 off on Deco:

When modem is on bridge mode and with IPV6 on Deco. Connected to Deco on my PC:

I have a valid IPV6 and no IPV4 when in bridge mode. My ISP is Claro NXT Telecomunicacoes Ltda, BR, ASN: 28573. My connection type is Dynamic IP.

Options
Sunday

@Sunshine @David-TP 

Any feedback?

Options
Monday

@Tango_Fox 

Hi, Thank you very much for the update.

I don't have any further suggestions so I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

Please check later whether you could receive my email.

In the meantime, I noticed your Deco M4 is still on 1.6.1. Have you tried to update to 1.6.2 to see whether it helped with the current issue:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/deco-m4/v2/#Firmware

How to Update the Firmware of Deco

Thanks again and best regards.

Options
Monday

@David-TP 

Hello David, thank you for getting back to me.

I have the Deco M4 (US) version, and it indicates that it is already updated to the latest version, 1.6.1. However, it appears that version 1.6.2 is intended for the M4 (EU) version. Should I proceed with the update regardless?

Options
Tuesday

@Tango_Fox 

Hi, Thanks for the notification.

the 1.6.1(US) is the same as 1.6.2(EU). There is no need to process the firmware upgrade anymore. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 138

Replies: 6

Related Articles