Deco X50 - PoE Wireguard

Deco X50 - PoE Wireguard
Deco X50 - PoE Wireguard
a week ago
Model: Deco X50 - PoE  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: V1.0.4

Hi All

Sorry not sure if this has been posted already.

Just wanted to find out when the update for Wireguard will be available.

When I attempt to use the VPN setting with Surfshark it only allows VPN type to be OpenVpn. When I enter my credentials and set up the vpn it connects on the app, but the selected client doesn't seem to be working with the geo location changing. 

Set up videos show it being done with Wireguard so not sure if that is why it's not working.

Any guidance or advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco X50 - PoE Wireguard
Friday - last edited Friday

@Nev_P 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

Do you mean, that after switching the server location on the Deco APP, the previous VPN Client configuration is no longer working and the selected clients have no internet service?

Are you able to constantly reproduce this issue when switching to different server locations?

As for Wireguard VPN protocol, the current firmware of Deco X50-POE_v2 hasn't supported this feature yet but it will be added later via firmware upgrade.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Friday

@David-TP 

Hi David

Thanks for the response.

The issue I am having is when I connect via the vpn on the Deco app, the selected client on the list doesn't seem to be picking up that it's using the vpn.

When I do a test on a website to check my location, it still shows my actual location and not the one selected in the vpn.

Not sure if i am doing something wrong...

Options
Monday

@Nev_P 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

I might need to check with the senior engineer to see whether he has any other suggestions.

In the meantime, I will also follow up on your case via email.

Please check whether you can receive my email later.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 78

Replies: 3

Related Articles