Extender password reset/corrupted after firmware update

a week ago
Model: RE330  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: n/a

Hi

I have an RE330 connected as a OneMesh device via wifi to my TP-Link router.

I've done a firmware update to the latest version, the device has installed this successfully and reconnected to my system but I am unable to access the RE330 system, a password challenge is displayed and neither the correct password nor what I understand is the default password of "admin" works.

I realise the device can be factory reset and then added back into my system but I am disabled and to do this presents quite a physical challenge for me. so is there any alternative to this? Also, should this have happened in the first place?

Thanks

Stephen

Options
2 Reply
Re:Extender password reset/corrupted after firmware update
a week ago

@PoBear 

Hi

Is it the Wi-Fi password or the login password displayed on the web management page that is incorrect?

If it is a Wi-Fi password, it is recommended that you use the router’s Wi-Fi password. If it still fails, how did you configure the extender and router before? Via Web or WPS?

If the login password on the web management page is incorrect, the only way may be to reset and re-create the login password.

For configuration issue, contacting the hotline may help you resolve it faster. The hotline number is as follows:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Options
Re:Extender password reset/corrupted after firmware update
a week ago

@PoBear 

It is the login password to the extender, I realise that my only option is to reset it but should the password have been changed by a firmware update?

Also, is there no default password?

Stephen 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 51

Replies: 2

Related Articles