Temporary failure in name resolution

2024-06-28 07:07:01 - last edited 2024-07-01 08:16:07
Model: Archer VR1210v  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Problems with name resolution on TP Link Archer VR 2100v2. We have the problem that our Internet connection keeps dropping out. I have now written a shell script for the Raspi and simply sent pings to vodafone and logged the result. Then I waited 10 seconds and repeated the process. I noticed that I get a ping error of the following type "Temporary failure in name resolution"

Is this an ISP problem or a DSL router problem? Can someone please help me?

Maybe someone has similar problems ?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Temporary failure in name resolution
2024-06-28 14:16:39

@amarradi 

To rule out an ISP DNS issue (given that you have access to the DSL modem router WebGUI) you can try the following:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-06-29 11:31:28

@terziyski thanks for your reply. I will try it and post here if this is helpful.

Options
2024-07-02 19:03:39

It is like a DNS issue. Try switching to a public DNS like Google’s  halloweensquishmallows (8.8.8.8) to see if that resolves the problem.

Options
2024-07-06 14:49:56

It is like a DNS issue. Have you tried changing your DNS settings on the TP Link router or  check the forbiddenpants.

Options
2024-07-09 17:08:33

It is like a DNS resolution issue. Try changing your DNS server settings on the TP Link Archer VR 2100v2 to a reliable option like Google DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) or squishmallow halloween Cloudflare DNS (1.1.1.1). This might help stabilize your Internet connection.

Options
2024-07-11 10:38:12

Here are steps you can take to troubleshoot and fix it. Here are some common causes and solutions:-

1. Lost internet connection:- This is the most basic reason. Check if your device (computer, phone, etc.) is properly connected to the internet. Try restarting your Wi-Fi router or modem.
2. Weak signal:- If you're on Wi-Fi, ensure you have a strong signal strength. A weak signal can disrupt communication.
3. DNS server problem:- The Domain Name System (DNS) acts like a phonebook for the internet, translating domain names to IP addresses. If there's an issue with the DNS server your device is using, name resolution can fail.
4. Outdated software:- Outdated software on your device can sometimes cause network problems. Update your operating system, web browser, or any relevant applications.
5. Incorrect settings:- Double-check your network configuration, especially the DNS server settings on your device.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 486

Replies: 6

Related Articles