Pathetic company with Pathetic distributors
Pathetic company with Pathetic distributors
2024-07-01 12:15:42
Tags: #Network Connectivity #distributor
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

What a pathetic distributor network system here in Pakistan.

They don't know about 5Ghz supported bands in Pakistan and what channels tp-link devices support.

Even more pathetic, official distributor is selling UAE imported product with UAE tags (may be imported from some grey channel)

and Joke is UAE devices don't work in band 4 of 5Ghz, while Pakistan only support band 4.

They don't have any test unit or preview system before purchase.

I am done with this madness, going to use stranded wifi router as AP as for now.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Pathetic company with Pathetic distributors
2024-07-02 03:03:39 - last edited 2024-07-02 03:31:14

@FaisalSaleem 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

I think you mentioned earlier here before that Pakistan does support band 1, band 2, band 3 and band 4.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/673422?replyId=1377544

And UAE appears be the same and supports Band 1-4. While I haven't come across an official document confirming this yet, you can refer to a related discussion here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dubai/comments/x271u5/licensed_wifi_channels/

Considering that both band 1 and band 4 are approved in Pakistan, with band 1 being more widely utilized than band 4, it is appropriate for Deco to prioritize band 1 to ensure compatibility with the majority of mobile devices.

Furthermore, I also hope you could report it to the local technical support team and maybe they could help us run further tests and probably request local customized version if necessary: https://www.tp-link.com/pk/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support

Thank you and Best regards.

Options
2024-07-02 05:20:29 - last edited 2024-07-02 05:34:28

@David-TP 

You are half correct here. 

Pakistan don't support Wifi 5Ghz band 1, band 2, and band 3. All Android devices in Pakistan only support band 4. ( You can confirm this from your sources )

About UAE, you are right, band 1-4 are supported but as Deco has a default preference for band 1, while my Android phone work only on band 4; Deco is of no use for me.

Your local technical support is even more pathetic,they simply don't reply.

One more thing, my phone do support band 1 and band 2. but for this, I have to either remove my sim card or put my phone in airplane mode and reboot it.

And whenever I turn off airplane mode, band 1 and band 2 Wifi are now invisible. It get info from MCC (mobile country code)  and put restriction on those bands. I hope now you understand the problem.

Options
2024-07-02 08:46:39

@FaisalSaleem 

Hi, Thanks for the further explanation.

I will check with the engineer again to see if they have any other suggestions.

Will keep updated as soon as I receive their reply.

Thank you very much for your time and patience and best regards.

Options
2024-07-03 09:32:22

@FaisalSaleem 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

I checked with the senior engineer earlier. He confirms that the products sold in Pakistan is customized and should support band 4 on 5GHz.

Therefore, the Deco X20_V3 you purchased from the online retailer may not have been imported through official channels. I recommend returning it and choosing from one of the authorized distributors listed here.

https://www.tp-link.com/pk/where-to-buy/#Authorized%20Distributor 

Thanks again and best regards.

Options
2024-07-03 11:59:13

@David-TP 

Hello, Thanks for your reply.

I have already returned the Deco X20 V2 that I bought online.

I have not purchased the Deco X20 V3 yet. I am in contact with one of your official distributors mentioned on the website.(Spectra Distributions Lahore Barach)

He sent these pictures of the boxpack Deco X20 V3.

The main problem is they don't know about band 4 support, and there is no information mentioned on the box. While it is mentioned, it is a UAE variant, not Pakistan.

They also don't have any test unit or return policy, so I can't open the box and check it before purchase.

One more thing, it looks fishy why TP-Link official distributor (Spectra) selling UAE varient in Pakistan.

Now you guide me, what should I do?

Options
2024-07-04 06:43:25

@FaisalSaleem 

Hi, The engineer helped me check the SN number#223C0X6X01598 in the picture. He verifies that this Deco has implemented the customized firmware and supports band 4 on the 5GHz network.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-07-04 08:09:35 - last edited 2024-07-04 10:06:00

@David-TP 

Ok, thanks for the information.

After much research, I have decided not to go with a mesh system for now. There are also many restrictions which I can't bear.

I will now use Stranded Wifi routers in AP mode, as I already have Ethernet connections on every floor of the house.

It will also give me much flexibility, as I already have a powerful business router.

Once again, thanks for your time and support.

Options