X50-Outdoor suddenly does not connect to Internet

2024-07-02 02:52:55
Model: Deco X50-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20231121 Rel. 68541

Hi,

I installed a couple of Deco X50-Outdoor some weeks ago and everything was working fine.

Suddenly two days ago (2023-06-30), my Deco stopped connecting to the internet. The LED turned red.

I tried rebooting the Deco units, rebooting the ISP modem, resetting the configuration on both to factory default.... nothing works.

The ISP modem is working fine, since if I connect directly on it, I can reach the internet just fine.

I even connected a very old Wi-Fi router (that i had laying around in a drawer) to my ISP modem and I navigate the web just fine. I tried connecting the Deco to the old Wi-Fi router and it still doe snot recognize the internet access.

When I reboot the Deco, the LED goes yellow, after 2 minutes it gets green and and 1 minute after it turns red. Looking at the ISP Modem GUI, I see that the Deco get an IP address, but soon after it turn off the Ethernet interface. Anything I connect to the ISP modem get Internet access flawlessly. Just Deco is having issues.

I also tried configuring the Google DNS servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) in Deco, but it did not resolve the issue.

Is anybody else facing this issue?

Any solutions foreseen?

Thanks in advance...

Options
2 Reply
Re:X50-Outdoor suddenly does not connect to Internet
2024-07-02 04:03:07

@DanBR 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Do you use AC power adapter to power up Deco X50-Outdoor or a POE switch?

It seems like the Ethernet cable between Deco X50-outdoor and ISP modem/old wifi router is poorly connected.

Have you tried to replace a new cable and connect the ISP modem to another Ethernet port on the Deco X50-Outdoor?

If possible, it is also suggested to refer to this link to set the satellite Deco X50-outdoor as the main Deco:

How to replace the main Deco with another Deco

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:X50-Outdoor suddenly does not connect to Internet
2024-07-05 03:41:35

Hi  @David-TP ,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm using AC power.

Any way, I replaced the cable with a better one, and it looks to have solved the issue. 

Many thanks for your help!

Best regards!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 165

Replies: 2

Related Articles