Add Wake on Lan

Add Wake on Lan
Add Wake on Lan
2024-07-03 16:41:51
Tags: #wol
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Please add the ability to send a WoL packet to devices connected to Deco through the mobile app. This should be very simple to implement. The router doesn't need to support WoL over WAN -- since the router can already be controlled through the mobile app remotely over the Internet, we could just ask the router to send the WoL packet internally over LAN.

There is already a thread about this, and you said you would monitor interest over this feature. However, even after many replies and over 35 likes, you just locked the thread and provided no further updates.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Add Wake on Lan
2024-07-04 08:08:28

@andre_ss6 

Hi, welcome to the community. Thank you very much for the feedback.

Can you share the link to the post that "even after many replies and over 35 likes, you just locked the thread and provided no further updates"?

So far,  I have yet to receive any updates regarding Deco's potential support for WOL over WAN.

Best regards.

Options
2024-07-04 19:57:13

@David-TP https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/171754

Options
2024-07-05 06:13:59 - last edited 2024-07-05 06:14:58

@andre_ss6 

Hi, Thank you very much for the reply.

I have unlocked the previous post so that users could continue voting for support. I will also update the status if there is any further news.

So far from the information I have received, WoL over WAN couldn't work on Deco because Deco doesn't support IP&MAC binding.

Best regards.

Options
2024-07-05 06:22:04

@David-TP thanks.

As I have said in my post, we shouldn't need WoL over WAN. The router already supports receiving requests from the internet (from the app). You can just implement normal WoL over LAN that the router sends when requested through the app.

Options
2024-07-15 16:18:38

andre_ss6 wrote

Please add the ability to send a WoL packet to devices connected to Deco through the mobile app. This should be very simple to implement. The router doesn't need to support WoL over WAN -- since the router can already be controlled through the mobile app remotely over the Internet, we could just ask the router to send the WoL packet internally over LAN.

There is already a thread about this, and you said you would monitor interest over this feature. However, even after many replies and over 35 likes, you just locked the thread and provided no further updates.

@andre_ss6 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 235

Replies: 5

Voters 2

Tags

wol