Deco PX50 satellite flapping online/offline

2024-07-09 18:50:32
Model: Deco PX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20231226 Rel. 74361

One of my satellite deco's (Kitchen) has permanent slow internet speeds (50Mbps vs 450Mbps from main deco) and keeps flapping online/offline, but with some peculiar behaviour.

The light on the deco always remains green, but the app regularly shows the satellite going offline:

Kitchen Deco Offline

When Kitchen goes offline in the app, sometimes all clients connected do not have internet access, but other times they do. In the latter instance, devices show as connected to "Unknown". In the screenshot below you can see this status of a client, where there is still clearly traffic passing:

Yet Kitchen is definitely unavailable according to the app:

I have also run a speed test, connected to the Kitchen, whilst it is showing offline on the app:

The connection between Kitchen and whichever of the other two deco's it connects to always shows as "strong" when it is connected, but the WiFi signal seems very weak (hence the reason for purchase, using PLC).

I have recently upgraded from P9, and have PX50's in the same locations.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, very frustrating for a brand new purchase!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco PX50 satellite flapping online/offline
2024-07-10 06:50:15

@theonlybandever 

Hi, welcome to the community.

When Deco PX50 is online on the Deco APP, Did it work over PLC/Wi-Fi Backhaul as the other satellite PX50, or Wi-Fi Backhaul only?

I saw you mentioned the Deco P9, did you use to have a stable powerline connection via Deco P9 at the same location?

How often would the satellite PX50 drop out on the Deco APP? Could you please refer to this link to help me submit the Deco APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

If possible, could you please help me run a simple test:

Please swap the location of the two satellite PX50s to see whether the disconnection issue always followed the same unit.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-07-10 18:49:04

@David-TP 

They show as PLC & WiFi, but as you can see from the image the WiFi signal on Kitchen is very weak - it is a long way from the other two PX50's.

I have run your proposed test of swapping them and the result is the same.

I also did another test... I took the Kitchen Deco to somewhere there is no WiFi signal at all from the other Deco's. It connected only using PLC and the speed was great! 

I have since remembered that I was given some code to force my P9 to only use PLC. Can we do that on the PX50 too please? I imagine that will resolve my issue!

I have also sent the app logs.

Options
2024-07-10 19:09:18

@David-TP 

I have also just observed Kitchen losing PLC too ... not spotted that before, but I have seen it happen a few times since my last post.

Options
2024-07-25 08:28:17

@David-TP Hello - have you been able to look into this any further please, David?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 218

Replies: 4

Related Articles