Issue with Bouygues SIM (multi sim option). No internet connection

2024-07-11 20:13:41
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have 2 multi sim from Bouygues telecom, My first multi sim (2023) works fine with my MR600. I also received another recent (July 2024) Bouygues multi sim which doesn not seem to work with my MR600 (no internet). This sim works fine in an Iphone. I tried to update ISP file on the MR600. Same issue, no internet connection. The modem seems to be OK and led indicates that Internet is ON (except the 4G+ med which remains off), Everything seems functional as well as the status in Archer MR600 admin page but in fact there is no internet connection (speed test indicates I am offline ??) . Is there a compatibility problem with recent Bouygues sim cards or with optional bouygues multi sim cards?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Issue with Bouygues SIM (multi sim option). No internet connection
2024-07-12 06:37:53

@Pascal63 

Hi

We have not received any similar feedback so far. It is recommended that you first refer to the following link to troubleshoot:
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/273224

Warm regards.

Options
2024-07-12 12:49:48

@Joseph-TP 

I tried the trooble shooting options with no success. I also tried another TP-link modem (MR-6400 V5) ans the behaviour is the same. It works fine with my "old" bouygues sim card and not with the new one. As in MR600 V2, everything seems ok but any attemps to use internet indicates that I am offline.

The sim card that does not work in my 2 TP link modem seems to work fine in my Iphone.

AS Bouygues done recently something to prevent the use of their multi sim in TP-link modems ?

Here is the configuration of the MR6400 as well as some screen shot.

Firmware Version:‪1.3.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 201207 Rel.56223n Hardware Version:‪TL-MR6400 v5 00000001

Options
2024-07-16 09:28:54

@Pascal63 

Hi

Have you tried the following step:
Go to Advanced > Network > LAN Settings > DHCP server > change DNS to be 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.
It is recommended that you put the SIM card on your phone to share the hotspot with other devices to check whether other devices can successfully connect to the Internet.
Based on the screenshot you shared, the internet seems to be working. Do you mean that after the device is connected to the Wi-Fi of MR6400, it shows that it is connected without internet?
If the hotspot Wi-Fi is normal and you try to change the DNS, we will create a Ticket for you and forward it to the senior engineer for further analysis.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 247

Replies: 3

Related Articles