Basic Parental controls block all internet during allowed time

2024-07-16 21:09:11
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.2 Build 20240119 Rel. 39178

Hi,

I've just set up my new mesh network and it's improved connectivity/speed throughout the house.  I had also setup the basic parental controls for bedtime restrictions on my kids android tablet, however this has proved disastrous and very frustrating. In short it doesn't work and is blocking all internet access all the time, to the point I've had to remove it to stop the tablets being useless bricks.

I also noticed, it seems to block a pile of google api urls which are arguably not harmful and are actually required for android to work.

So, given I got this kit as it was highly recommended and had the parental control feature I was looking for, I am highly disappointed!
Any guidance out there on how to fix this / get the control working would be of great help.

Oh, and if TP link think I'm paying for advance controls, given the disfunctional basic features, they'd better think again.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Basic Parental controls block all internet during allowed time
2024-07-17 02:11:09

@ThosB 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Besides Bedtime, have you also added the content filter under the parental control profile?

If possible, I hope you could help me run a simple test:

1. Temporarily remove all the content filters.

2.  Then test again whether the Bedtime works as expected.

I thought maybe a certain filter automatically blocked the Android system programs which caused the tablet to lose internet all the time.

Moreover, please also go to Deco APP>More>System> System time to confirm the system time matches the actual time.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
3 weeks ago

@David-TP 

I am.having the same issue and nothing works.  Did this ever get resolved

Options
3 weeks ago

@Mkiscoe1 

Hi,

After a little trial and error, I switched on all bar mature content and Online shopping (which I was able to keep blocked) and the devices seem to be able to function and bedtime works also.

Not ideal as it would be good to have a far better understanding and configuration ability on a feature that the device is advertised as possessing... but hey... I'm taking the little wins.

Hope this helps you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 115

Replies: 3

Related Articles