ER8411 V1 1.2.2_Build_20240809 Pre-Release Firmware (Updated on Aug 12th, 2024)

2024-07-19 10:28:22 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20240809

This Article Applies to

ER8411(UN) V1 1.2.2 20240718(Pre-Release)

ER8411(UN) V1 1.2.2 20240809(Pre-Release)

Release Notes

Modifications:

1. Update OpenSSL version.

2. Support OpenVPN GCM algorithm.

Bug Fixed:

1. Fixed the issue that URL filter does not take effect when the browser enabled TLS 1.3 hybridized Kyber support.
2. Fixed some known security vulnerabilities.

3. Fixed some bugs and issues. (Build 20240809)

Firmware Download

Before the Upgrade

(1) Please be sure you have read the Beta Test Agreement before upgrading the Beta/Pre-released firmware!

(2) You may follow the following guide to upgrade your Omada devices. How to Upgrade/Downgrade Omada Gateways

Firmware Download Link

ER8411(UN) V1_1.2.2_Build_20240718 (Pre-Release)

ER8411(UN) V1_1.2.2_Build_20240809 (Pre-Release)

Notes:

(1) The above firmware is applied to ER8411(UN) V1.

(2) Your device’s configuration won’t be lost after upgrading.

Additional Information

All feedback is welcome, including letting us know about successful device upgrades.

To get better assistance, you may check Tips For Efficiently Reporting an Issue In The Community.

If somehow you encounter an issue during or after the router upgrade, it's suggested to contact us with the following info:

• Omada Controller version 
  • Device Firmware version with Build number (previous and current)

If your router gets bricked during the firmware upgrade, you may follow the guide below to recover the firmware.

How to use the Emergency Mode to recover the firmware for Omada Gateways

Update Log

Aug 12th, 2024:

Update the firmware.

July 19th, 2024:

Release of this post.

Recommended Threads

Get the Latest Firmware Releases for Omada Routers Here - Subscribe for Updates

Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here - Subscribe for Updates

Experience the Latest Omada EAP Firmware - Trial Available Here, Subscribe for Updates!

Current Available Solutions to Omada Router Related Issues [Actively Updated, Post for Subscription]

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
49 Reply
bugs in ER8411 V1 1.2.2_Build_20240718 Pre-Release Firmware (Released on July 19th, 2024)
2024-07-22 06:12:49 - last edited 2024-07-22 06:13:23

@Clive_A 

Hi, I installed this in my er8411 v1.0 router. After Installation I had no internet. I rebooted the router and PC and tried again and the internet is really spotty, with a minute to get to a page that used to access in an eye blink, if it connects at all.

Can't even run speed test.

Most sites don't load at all but time out.

Omada OC200 2.0 controller, firmware version 2.14.4 Build 20240304 Rel.54311

When I look at "Devices" in the controller, the router switches between connected, provisioning, and adopting time and time again. I tried downgrading the router to my previous firmware ER8411(UN)_v1.2.1 Build 20240308_rel75819_up-2024-03-08_21.16.53.bin but omada tells me it failed to load and the router is stuck on v1.2.2 beta. I had a settings backup file from yesterday and applied that but it made no difference to the behaviour.

So I'm stuck in limbo.

Kind regards

Paul
Options
bugs in ER8411 V1 1.2.2_Build_20240718 Pre-Release Firmware (Released on July 19th, 2024)
2024-07-22 06:36:03

Hi @paulrob 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

paulrob wrote

@Clive_A 

Hi, I installed this in my er8411 v1.0 router. After Installation I had no internet. I rebooted the router and PC and tried again and the internet is really spotty, with a minute to get to a page that used to access in an eye blink, if it connects at all.

Can't even run speed test.

Most sites don't load at all but time out.

Omada OC200 2.0 controller, firmware version 2.14.4 Build 20240304 Rel.54311

When I look at "Devices" in the controller, the router switches between connected, provisioning, and adopting time and time again. I tried downgrading the router to my previous firmware ER8411(UN)_v1.2.1 Build 20240308_rel75819_up-2024-03-08_21.16.53.bin but omada tells me it failed to load and the router is stuck on v1.2.2 beta. I had a settings backup file from yesterday and applied that but it made no difference to the behaviour.

So I'm stuck in limbo.

Kind regards

Then where do you connect the controller? To the switch or the router directly?

You should connect the controller to the router directly now to see if it can stay synced to the router and then consider if it is possible to downgrade.

I cannot make a comment on the not loading anything comment. I require more information about your network setup if you can provide any, I would be grateful.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-07-25 00:26:59 - last edited 2024-07-25 00:27:59

@Clive_A 

Thanks for your response, sorry for the delay I had to remove the router from my network and replace it with an old ER7206 V1.0 I had lying around (which doesn't do IPv6, but that's another story which is why I bought the ER8411 in the first place). Anyway, originally I had the OC200 controller connected in a PoE port of the SG2210 switch (because the USB storage port of the OC200 won't work when the controller is powered on the Micro-USB power port only) and it's been fine like that for always. When these troubles started I moved the Controller to a direct port on the ER8411 Router for the remainder of these testings. Since the "upgrade" to the Pre-Release firmware V1.2.2, the Router Status keeps continually switching between Adopting, Heartbeat Missed, Configuring, and Connected Status. The Controller shows Version info 1.2.2. Prior I was on V1.2.1. Nothing else changed in my network. So I removed *everything* from the ER8411 Router except the Controller, the PC, and the WAN connections (BTW, I have 10 Gbps TP-Link wired Ethernet adapters in the SFP ports 1 & 2, and a 1 Gbps wired TP-Link Ethernet SFP adapter in Port 3) and they've been working fine until now). The controller and PC were in the native ethernet ports 4 & 5 for this testing.

I tried regressing the ER8411 firmware to V1.2.1 (ER8411(UN)_v1_1.2.1 Build 20240308), and it said it completed okay, but still shows Version 1.2.2 in the Controller screen, even after removing power and rebooting the ER8411 Router and controller. So I tried regressing the Router to an older version 1.1.0 firmware (ER8411(UN)_v1_1.1.0 Build 20230705) and recycled the power but it made no difference. The controller reports the ER8411 shows Firmware V1.2.2 always and the connection problems and status cycling continues. That's when I removed the ER8411 and replaced it with an ER7206, transferred the settings, applied the current FW V1.4.0 for the ER7206, and everything works perfectly (except IPv6 and previously noted). In the meantime I have an ER8411 that's essentially useless. I would like to get it working again. 

Screen shots of what I'm  seeing are attached. In addition to the devices shown, I also have a pair of unmanaged 2.5 Gbps TP-link switches (SG105-M2) to extend Port 2 (the SFP LAN port) of the Router to my home office where I have a couple of 2.5 Gbps PCs that talk to a 2.5 Gbps NAS off the Router.

Thanks

Device Info

Router readopting repeatedly

Router repeatedly reconfiguring

Router Repeatedly no heartbeat

Paul
Options
2024-07-25 01:12:15

Hi @paulrob 

paulrob wrote

@Clive_A 

Thanks for your response, sorry for the delay I had to remove the router from my network and replace it with an old ER7206 V1.0 I had lying around (which doesn't do IPv6, but that's another story which is why I bought the ER8411 in the first place). Anyway, originally I had the OC200 controller connected in a PoE port of the SG2210 switch (because the USB storage port of the OC200 won't work when the controller is powered on the Micro-USB power port only) and it's been fine like that for always. When these troubles started I moved the Controller to a direct port on the ER8411 Router for the remainder of these testings. Since the "upgrade" to the Pre-Release firmware V1.2.2, the Router Status keeps continually switching between Adopting, Heartbeat Missed, Configuring, and Connected Status. The Controller shows Version info 1.2.2. Prior I was on V1.2.1. Nothing else changed in my network. So I removed *everything* from the ER8411 Router except the Controller, the PC, and the WAN connections (BTW, I have 10 Gbps TP-Link wired Ethernet adapters in the SFP ports 1 & 2, and a 1 Gbps wired TP-Link Ethernet SFP adapter in Port 3) and they've been working fine until now). The controller and PC were in the native ethernet ports 4 & 5 for this testing.

I tried regressing the ER8411 firmware to V1.2.1 (ER8411(UN)_v1_1.2.1 Build 20240308), and it said it completed okay, but still shows Version 1.2.2 in the Controller screen, even after removing power and rebooting the ER8411 Router and controller. So I tried regressing the Router to an older version 1.1.0 firmware (ER8411(UN)_v1_1.1.0 Build 20230705) and recycled the power but it made no difference. The controller reports the ER8411 shows Firmware V1.2.2 always and the connection problems and status cycling continues. That's when I removed the ER8411 and replaced it with an ER7206, transferred the settings, applied the current FW V1.4.0 for the ER7206, and everything works perfectly (except IPv6 and previously noted). In the meantime I have an ER8411 that's essentially useless. I would like to get it working again. 

Screen shots of what I'm  seeing are attached. In addition to the devices shown, I also have a pair of unmanaged 2.5 Gbps TP-link switches (SG105-M2) to extend Port 2 (the SFP LAN port) of the Router to my home office where I have a couple of 2.5 Gbps PCs that talk to a 2.5 Gbps NAS off the Router.

Thanks

Gotta point out some knowledge first.

So, if it is not adopted successfully, the status you see from the controller is not synced properly, so it might not reflect the correct information.

It cannot be taken for accuracy when it is not fully synced.

I would recommend you reset the router and place it in standalone mode and you check if it is successfully downgraded.

This will rule out if it is bricked or not successfully downgraded.

I am now still under the impression that the problem may reside in your network. As for now, you are the only one reporting this weird problem.

Or the problem is the firmware upgrade which during the upload or upgrade process, something went haywire. It caused the router stopped functioning properly.

You can try the firmware recovery to upgrade it to 1.2.2 and adopt it on a new site and see if it can work properly or not.

At least, I am inclined to think the problem is the router got broken not the firmware. Let me know the recovery and if it can work on a new site and behave normally.

Options
2024-07-25 04:11:01 - last edited 2024-07-25 04:14:52

So, if it is not adopted successfully, the status you see from the controller is not synced properly, so it might not reflect the correct information.

I would recommend you reset the router and place it in standalone mode and you check if it is successfully downgraded.

I am now still under the impression that the problem may reside in your network. As for now, you are the only one reporting this weird problem.

Or the problem is the firmware upgrade which during the upload or upgrade process, something went haywire. It caused the router stopped functioning properly.

You can try the firmware recovery to upgrade it to 1.2.2 and adopt it on a new site and see if it can work properly or not.

At least, I am inclined to think the problem is the router got broken not the firmware. Let me know the recovery and if it can work on a new site and behave normally.

@Clive_A 

Thanks Clive, It's still weird.

1. re the syncing with the controller, I think you misunderstand: It was continually cycling between all four states in my previous post as shown in the screen shots. 
  2. I've now completely removed the router from the stack, and did a(nother) reset via the front reset button without the controller connected. This time the system seemed to factory reset to the factory gateway 192.168.0.1 okay (as it should) and asked me to create the admin user and password. That much worked okay. The standalone management panel shows SFP+1 and Wan/LAN4 configured as WAN, which is ok.
  3. I then "Upgraded" to FW 1.2.2 (pre-release) via the standalone Management option,  which seemed to progress okay, and rebooted. 
  4. Connected my WAN cable to SFP+ Port 1, and immediately nothing happened. waited a few mins and the status still shows nothing happening on the WAN.
  5. Moved the WAN cable to the WAN/LAN4 port and waited and waited, still nothing, it remains disconnected regardless of the wait. 
  6. Moved the WAN cable back to the old ER7206 router WAN port and it connected to the WAN and got a public IP with no delay. So there's nothing wrong with my ISP modem (it's interface is configured for 1000 Mbps).
  7. Noting that my regular LAN works from the 192.168.1.1 gateway, I connected a LAN port from the private IP pool to WAN/LAN 4 port on the ER8411. The ER8411 then grabbed a local address from the running home network and I was able to access the internet via the ER7206.
  8. I tried moving the cable from WAN/LAN4 port to the SFP+ 1 port (it's a 10G ethernet adapter but configured in the management panel as 1 GB) but still no connection.
  9. When I go to the WAN Mode tab the SFP+ 1 port is checked but greyed out. When mouse-over the SFP+ 1 port checkbox it tells me "the 2.5G WAN port cannot be used as a LAN port". (see screen snip below)
  10. Tried another factory reset and tried again but it's stuck like this. And none of the ports configured as WAN will see the WAN from my modem.
  11. I regressed to the 1.2.1 firmware that was previously working before I started all of this, and tried again and got the same results.

Paul
Options
2024-07-25 06:31:40

Hi @paulrob 

paulrob wrote

@Clive_A 

Thanks Clive, It's still weird.

1. re the syncing with the controller, I think you misunderstand: It was continually cycling between all four states in my previous post as shown in the screen shots. 
  2. I've now completely removed the router from the stack, and did a(nother) reset via the front reset button without the controller connected. This time the system seemed to factory reset to the factory gateway 192.168.0.1 okay (as it should) and asked me to create the admin user and password. That much worked okay. The standalone management panel shows SFP+1 and Wan/LAN4 configured as WAN, which is ok.
  3. I then "Upgraded" to FW 1.2.2 (pre-release) via the standalone Management option,  which seemed to progress okay, and rebooted. 
  4. Connected my WAN cable to SFP+ Port 1, and immediately nothing happened. waited a few mins and the status still shows nothing happening on the WAN.
  5. Moved the WAN cable to the WAN/LAN4 port and waited and waited, still nothing, it remains disconnected regardless of the wait. 
  6. Moved the WAN cable back to the old ER7206 router WAN port and it connected to the WAN and got a public IP with no delay. So there's nothing wrong with my ISP modem (it's interface is configured for 1000 Mbps).
  7. Noting that my regular LAN works from the 192.168.1.1 gateway, I connected a LAN port from the private IP pool to WAN/LAN 4 port on the ER8411. The ER8411 then grabbed a local address from the running home network and I was able to access the internet via the ER7206.
  8. I tried moving the cable from WAN/LAN4 port to the SFP+ 1 port (it's a 10G ethernet adapter but configured in the management panel as 1 GB) but still no connection.
  9. When I go to the WAN Mode tab the SFP+ 1 port is checked but greyed out. When mouse-over the SFP+ 1 port checkbox it tells me "the 2.5G WAN port cannot be used as a LAN port". (see screen snip below)
  10. Tried another factory reset and tried again but it's stuck like this. And none of the ports configured as WAN will see the WAN from my modem.
  11. I regressed to the 1.2.1 firmware that was previously working before I started all of this, and tried again and got the same results.

Dedicated WAN cannot be changed at all. It is WAN and will grey out if you hover on it.

Does your modem need to be rebooted or flush the MAC address before it connects to a new router? As you have already replaced the ER8411 with the ER7206, the MAC address is not the same. Did you reboot the modem while you swap it with the ER7206?

When it is connected to the WAN, will the port show LED and flash? If it does, then you can use the Connect button to force it to reconnect your WAN. Will that get you an IP address?

And also confirmed that you have the correct connection type?

On the previously working firmware, 1.2.1, it behaves the same?

I don't think it is the same thing. Regardless of the firmware. It is a problem with the network connection instead of the firmware. It does not look like bricked at all. Not broken system as well.
Something on your end should be either not configured properly or misconfigured.

Options
2024-07-27 01:13:40

Dedicated WAN cannot be changed at all. It is WAN and will grey out if you hover on it.

Does your modem need to be rebooted or flush the MAC address before it connects to a new router? As you have already replaced the ER8411 with the ER7206, the MAC address is not the same. Did you reboot the modem while you swap it with the ER7206?

When it is connected to the WAN, will the port show LED and flash? If it does, then you can use the Connect button to force it to reconnect your WAN. Will that get you an IP address?

And also confirmed that you have the correct connection type?

On the previously working firmware, 1.2.1, it behaves the same?

I don't think it is the same thing. Regardless of the firmware. It is a problem with the network connection instead of the firmware. It does not look like bricked at all. Not broken system as well.
Something on your end should be either not configured properly or misconfigured.

@Clive_A 

Thanks for the reply and assistance.

1. I think you missed the point about the 10 Gbps SFTP+ WAN port. I have a 1 Gbps modem connected to it. It should work okay with that (and always has) but the oddity is that when I hovered the mouse over it, the popup says 2.5 Gbps... I wasn't trying to configure that. It's what it was reporting. 
  2. Thanks for the reminder to reboot the modem (a DOCSIS 3 HFC device) when changing routers. I've done that now and now have a factory-reset ER8411 talking to the WAN with the V1.2.1 firmware. 
  3. I manually reconfigured the router with the settings for my home network (about 40 endpoints or so). Previously my LAN was using local address pool 192.168.1.1/24 for everything (legacy reasons). The TP-Link routers want to default to 192.168.0.1/24 instead, so I translated my few static IP reservations (for about 8 devices in a reserved space 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.10 that was excluded from the DHCP range) to the new local IP range now, the rest are dynamic. It now all works on the ER8411 with V1.2.1 firmware.
  4. I'm not game to retry the V1.2.2 (pre production) firmware again. It's taken me a week to get this router working again on the V1.2.1 firmware. Even though it's been said that I'm the only one who reported problems with it, the simple experience for me is that everything was working fine before that when it was running V1.2.1 (as now) and it all went haywire with V1.2.2 (Pre-Production) when I tried that with no other changes. 

I do thank you for your kind assistance in helping me resolve things so I can work again, and I do wish you well.

Kind regards,

Paul

Paul
Options
Re:ER8411 V1 1.2.2_Build_20240718 Pre-Release Firmware (Released on July 19th, 2024)
2024-07-27 03:24:33

This firmware has caused the router to go into a configuration loop.  Had to factory reset the router to get it working again with the controller.

Options
Re:ER8411 V1 1.2.2_Build_20240718 Pre-Release Firmware (Released on July 19th, 2024)
2024-07-29 02:00:50

Hi @Hobbs1210 

Hobbs1210 wrote

This firmware has caused the router to go into a configuration loop.  Had to factory reset the router to get it working again with the controller.

What's the firmware of the controller? The version of the controller.

So, in your case, you reset it and it behaved properly again? Not the loop like the above, Adopting > Configuring > Heartbeat Missed > Adoptin.

Options
2024-07-29 02:33:49

@Clive_A 

Controller is OC200 1.31.3 version 5.14.26.23 .

After factory reset new firmware worked as expected.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2952

Replies: 50

Related Articles