Is there no Deco point to point bridge?

2024-07-21 11:38:57
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

The convenience of setting up the a local wifi mesh with the Deco App is unparalleled to what I have seen elsewhere.

What surprises med is that I cannot seem to find a point to point bridge in the same system line. When I look at CPE to connect a house 100 m away the plug and play and app convenience seem to be far gone and I need a computer with a lan port and I need to configure stuff.

1. Is this really true? Is there no Deco point to point bridge to connect a house 150m away?

2. If I still gowith the CPE510 or similar, will it be vissible in my Deco app at all?

3. My mesh in the main house is based on X50 and I love it, if I connect an X50 with a cable from the CPE510 at the far end, willit show up as beeing part of the same WiFi? In my app? And for my users?

Like this:

Incoming fiber ----> X50 ---->Cpe510 ---> CPE510 ----> X50

I already have a mesh around the first X50 with three more X50 in a mesh.

Regards

Tim

Options
1 Reply
Re:Is there no Deco point to point bridge?
2024-07-22 06:34:39

@_T-i-m_ 

Hi, welcome to the community.

150m is far beyond the wireless range of Home Mesh products.

For the topology:

Incoming fiber ----> X50(with 3*X50s around ) ---->Cpe510 ---> CPE510 ----> X50#5

The last Deco X50#5 could establish Ethernet Backhaul with the first main Deco X50 via the CPE510s Wi-Fi bridge. CPE510 units would not show up on the Deco APP, only the Deco units would.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options