Cannot see SKY Q recordings on PlayStation whilst connect to WiFi via TP-LINK powerline adaptor

Cannot see SKY Q recordings on PlayStation whilst connect to WiFi via TP-LINK powerline adaptor

2024-07-22 19:01:47

Hi

added another powerline adapter in the attic room to improve WiFi. Works great, but when connected via powerline adaptor in cannot see SKY Q recordings on SKY GO on the PlayStation. I have Sky multi room. My TP-LINK ( TL-WPA8631P)  config is one hardwired to ZZOOMM router and slave unit  in shed and another ( TL-WPA8631P)  in the attic. I read that I have to be on the same WiFi as my SKY Q box.....?. Any ideas ?

thanks in advance 

Andy

Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot see SKY Q recordings on PlayStation whilst connect to WiFi via TP-LINK powerline adaptor
2024-07-23 07:43:57

@Numpty-AWH1 

Hi, Did it help if we set the same SSID as the Sky Q box on the WPA8631P?

By the way, Have you tried to connect the PlayStation via Ethernet cable to the Attic WPA8631P to check whether the PS could access the SKY Q recordings?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Cannot see SKY Q recordings on PlayStation whilst connect to WiFi via TP-LINK powerline adaptor
2024-08-08 08:23:47

Hi  @David-TP 

I don't have a 4m Ethernet to connect. Plug sockets limited in attic, so Tp-link in only place it can go. Not sure/struggling with how to set same ssid.

cheers

Andy

Options
2024-08-09 06:38:10

@Numpty-AWH1 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

You could refer to this link to change the wireless settings on the powerline adapters:

How to customize Powerline ac Extender's wireless settings via web-based management interface

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 111

Replies: 3

Related Articles