Cannot access NAS since installing Powerline
Cannot access NAS since installing Powerline
2024-07-23 14:42:27
Model: TL-WPA8631P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Current set up:

NAS connected directly to Sky router downstairs

Work laptop and desktop PC upstairs. I use the Desktop to manage files on my NAS

I have installed the TL-WPA8631P kit with my router plugged into the adaptor and the laptop and desktop plugged into the same extender upstairs via ethernet cable. Both devices have WiFi turned off.

When I check the laptop it says it is connected to SKYZTGD.

When I check the Desktop it says it is connected to TP-Link C156.

The problem is I can no longer access my NAS via my desktop. I assume this is because the Desktop is connected to TP-Link C156 and the NAS is connected directly to the router. When I try to launch the ASUS control centre on my desktop it says no NAS was found on the local network.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I remedy this?

I have tried restarting devices, resetting devices etc etc. but it doesn't seem to change anything.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Cannot access NAS since installing Powerline
2024-07-25 06:55:35

@QuagaarWarrior 

Hi, Have you tried to swap the Ethernet connections of "Desktop PC" and "Work Laptop" to see whether the issue always follows the same cable or save device?

It is also suggested to compare the IP settings on the "Desktop PC" and "Work Laptop" to see whether they have the same "Default Gateway/router" address.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:Cannot access NAS since installing Powerline
2024-07-25 12:33:52

@David-TP 

Hi David, thanks for your response.

I tried changing the ports already but that didn't make a difference. I just tried plugging the laptop ethernet cable into the PC but that didn't make a difference either.

I'm not 100% sure on the information you need for default gateway/router but assume it's the below - let me know if not.

PC

IPv4 address:    192.168.0.102
IPv4 DNS servers:    192.168.0.1 (Unencrypted)

Laptop

IPv4 address:    192.168.0.9
IPv4 DNS servers:    152.74.1.63,

Options