Setup Deco BE85 without connection to internet

2024-07-24 00:45:42 - last edited 2024-07-25 01:19:29
Model: Deco BE85  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: cannot access this info

Hi,

I've bought a pair of Deco BE 85. But when trying to initialise them to set up my home network the phone app insists the BE85 needs to be connected to the internet via one of its ethernet ports. If I would have know this before the purchase I would not have bought them.

I have internet on my phone but none in my flat and don't have any intention to get wired (eg fibre) internet in my flat as I don't need broadband.

How do I initialise or set up these without the above ethernet internet.

I bought this less than 24 hours ago and the country I'm living in doesn't allow returns!!!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Setup Deco BE85 without connection to internet -Solution
2024-07-24 15:12:41 - last edited 2024-07-25 01:19:29

Hi  @David-TP ,

Thanks for your reply. That was helpful.

As it turns out I guessed upon the same solution that you suggested a little after I posted my query. Using my laptop as the modem connection, I was able to take the Deco through the whole setup process without a hitch. The second Deco found the master node without any issues. My home network seems to be working as expected now.

Thanks again.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Setup Deco BE85 without connection to internet
2024-07-24 02:19:55

@DavidDee 

Hi welcome to the community.

May I know where you purchased the Deco BE85? Is there any chance that you could replace it with Archer BE805 which is also WiFi 7/BE19000?

It requires an internet connection for Deco to work properly.

As for the configuration, There is a workaround for your reference:

Do you have a computer with an Ethernet port? You could use the computer as a "modem", and then connect it to Deco BE85 to run through the basic setup on the Deco APP.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Setup Deco BE85 without connection to internet
2024-07-24 06:19:59

@DavidDee it's a router, it can only work with a modem or gateway pushing a wired connection to it. What was your expectation?

Options
Re:Setup Deco BE85 without connection to internet -Solution
2024-07-24 15:12:41 - last edited 2024-07-25 01:19:29

Hi  @David-TP ,

Thanks for your reply. That was helpful.

As it turns out I guessed upon the same solution that you suggested a little after I posted my query. Using my laptop as the modem connection, I was able to take the Deco through the whole setup process without a hitch. The second Deco found the master node without any issues. My home network seems to be working as expected now.

Thanks again.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 136

Replies: 3

Related Articles