Channel selection on Deco X55

2024-07-24 08:11:32
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1

Hi I been reading the forum and looks like this is a problem long going (starting on 2019), I can not understand how something so simple and so basic like channel selection is not an optionn for this type of device, I have also se the responses from the Admins saying that the network optimization software handles that automatically and in the best way and then the reply of a lot of people showing prof that this functionality doesn't work and I can show prof too that the app it's saying that the band 36 is congested and the best band is the 36, now I'm stuck with this expensive and useless device that can not do most basic functionality for an arbitrary reason. Is there any plan to add this functionality or should I just cut my losses and get a proper reouter?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Channel selection on Deco X55
2024-07-24 16:57:10
As it happens I just finished configuring the Deco BE85, only to find that there is no option to manually select wireless channels which frankly I find unacceptable. Ever other router I have owned while having an auto option still allowed you to manually select channels. I see no reason why TP Link cannot do this for their routers and this will reflect poorly on them in reviews.
Options