trouble with home automation and m4

2024-07-27 07:42:27
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.2

In the last months I am experiencing problems with my setup which was working fine for a long time. I did not change anything, so the problem is probably from a firmware change.

The symptom is that all kinds if home scenarios stop or stop partly working until I reboot the network. This happens daily.

Spotify cast, google chromecast, google home and shelly smart home. All these are having trouble finding the devices in the home and claim they are offline despite the fact they are connected and working fine.

I suppose its something that is blocking the communication between these devices and the cloud.

I tried switching modes between access point and wifi router, but the problem persists in both modes.

setup:

4 deco m4r

wifi 2.4 & 5 enabled

Options
2 Reply
Re:trouble with home automation and m4
2024-07-29 09:34:50

@a_r 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Please refer to the following suggestions:

1. Disable "Fast roaming" and "beamforming" on the Deco APP>More>Advanced.

2. Restart the whole Mesh system once.

If it didn't help, you could try to install the latest 1.7.0 beta firmware here to see whether it helped or not:

Deco M4/S4_V2 Support Connection Preference

Best regards.

Options
Re:trouble with home automation and m4
2024-07-29 19:07:54

@David-TP Please don't ask anyone to update the new beta version because we who are using this beta version are complaining a lot that there is no response to any stable version update, how many days after the release of the stable version  Version is released.

Sayeem Ahmed
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 170

Replies: 2

Related Articles