Archer VX1800v Ethernet Connection Issue
Archer VX1800v Ethernet Connection Issue
2024-07-27 21:46:52 - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Archer VX1800v  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello 

I bought Archer VX1800v modem router.

Everything works OK, wifi good except I attach my Windows laptop to the modem by ethernet cable. And when computer starts it takes around 15 minutes ethernet connection gets ready. Why is it so much time taking for Ethernet connection to take place? As I said wifi connection is working that time but I want ethernet connection whenever I log in. After 15 minutes ethernet connections kicks in and I can connect internet via Ethernet cable.

I tried Macbook for ethernet connection same issue. It looks the problem is with the Archer VX1800v.

Latest firmware is updated.

How can I fix this issue?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer VX1800v Ethernet Connection Issue-Solution
3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Marko1st Hello,

I have figured out that it is about Speed & Duplex settings of Windows 11. I have to manually choose 100Mbps Full Duplex, unfortunately.

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Archer VX1800v Ethernet Connection Issue
2024-07-28 19:53:43

@Smeaol I'm not an expert.
If it wasn't problem there before, check the IP addresses of Advanced - network - lan settings, try copy from me. 

Is the ip address in windows perhaps set to "static" so it is fighting with a busy address?  Unrelated to your problem, do you use voip service?

Options
2024-07-29 06:23:07

@tomycrosound Thank you very much for your help

Everything was the same except Default Gateway which was 0.0.0.0 . I put 192.168.1.1 and it did not fix the problem. Still It took 15 minutes to activate the Ethernet, though the Ethernet light on the modem is green.

Options
2024-07-29 06:41:01

@Smeaol Probably some nonsense.. Is dhcp enabled on the laptop for IPv4? I would try downloading again the driver for the network card on the laptop, try another LAN port on the router and - another LAN cable!

Is there any information in the log file in the router? 

Options
2024-07-29 19:30:08

@tomycrosound Thanks, my previous modem is still with me and I can have ethernet connection with it instantly on log in with my computers. Cable is same also. There is an issue with modem. 

After ethernet connection is established in Archer modem, if I put the computer into sleep and wake it up, ethernet connection is there instantly.

When I put the computer into sleep at night, Archer modem forgets its ethernet process somehow, when I wake the computer in the morning the ethernet process is boot up again in 15 minutes. Not sure what is making the modem behave this way.

Options
2024-07-29 19:53:27 - last edited 2024-07-29 19:56:03

@Smeaol Does it connect to wifi devices quickly? Try reinstalling the network card drivers, and check if dhcp is turned off in the laptop and a static address is set.

The PC is looking for an IP address for too long, probably something is in sync with the old router; maybe the setup is different and the ip address in the laptop is static which does not correspond to the new router or is busy.

1. **Control Panel**  
2. **Network and Sharing Center**  
3. **Change adapter settings**  
4. Right-click on your network adapter (e.g., Ethernet) and select **Properties**  
5. Select **Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)** and click **Properties**  
6. Choose **Obtain an IP address automatically** and **Obtain DNS server address automatically**  
7. Click **OK** and then **Close**

Options
3 weeks ago

@Smeaol this happens to me if I try to plug it into the first port on the left (with vx1800v facing forward). I've found it works better if plugged into the second or third for some reason. Couldn't explain why though :)

Options
Re:Archer VX1800v Ethernet Connection Issue-Solution
3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Marko1st Hello,

I have figured out that it is about Speed & Duplex settings of Windows 11. I have to manually choose 100Mbps Full Duplex, unfortunately.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 313

Replies: 7

Related Articles