2024-08-02 07:05:02
Model: Archer BE805  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer BE805(JP)_V1_1.0.11 Build 20240318

I have two BE805 setting as below.

HN8255Ws: ONU+Router

TL-SX105: TP-Link 10G Switching Hub

Network Speed: 10G

HN8255Ws -> TL-SX105(Main) -> BE805 (AP-Mode)

-> TL-SX105(Sub) -> BE805 (AP-Mode)

I was using Buffalo AirStation WXR-11000XE12 before using BE805 without any problems.

But after importing BE805, the whole network became unstable.

If you just rebooted anything (including ONU, BE805, devices just like iPhone, Macbook Pro), everything is OK.

But after using several hours, the whole network became unstable with the problem below.

1, Network speed on every device became very very slow especially on 6Ghz. ( For Example, on iPhone 15 Pro Max, it suddenly became to 2Mbps from 1800Mbps)

2, Sometimes devices can not connect to 6Ghz SSID (5Ghz and 2.4Ghz can be connected).

3, When issue happens, either of the two BE805 has the same issue.

4, After rebooting everything, the issue gone for hours but will happen again.

I also tried beta firmware that the support team sent to me. But didn't work.

I tried everything I can to troubleshoot the issue below but still can not resolve the problems.

1, Reset and reboot everything.

2, Change DNS server to 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 or 9.9.9.9 or My ISP default.

3, On/Off Flow Controller

4, Changing Wi-Fi setting.

5, Changing Lan Cable.

6, Via or not via switting hub.

7, On/Off IPv6

I see in Router-Mode, there are settings for IGMP proxy and IGMP snooping, but on AP-Mode there's no setting about this.

You know the router on AP-Mode should be default OFF. 

I am considering if it has been set to ON even in AP-Mode ( I can not see it as there is no UI in AP-Mode)

BE805 seems to control multicast distribution in AP-Mode.

The support team told be they can troubleshooting via TeamViewer only on workday,

But I don't have time on workday and when the issue happens everything is slow including TeamViewer, it's hard to troubleshoot the issue via Internet?

Is there a firmware that can let user set IGMP in AP-Mode or a firmware setting every setting related IGMP to OFF?

Or if you know any other things that may make the issue, please let me know.

Thank you very much.

Options
10 Reply
Re:BE805 unstable with AP-mode
2024-08-02 12:52:10

@winenjou 

In addition to the issue above, iPhone or Macbook can't connect to 6Ghz SSID rarely.

After reboot the device or BE805 or just ON/OFF 6ghz SSID, it get back to work. Don't know the reason, but it happens once about 3 days. 

Options
2024-08-04 19:04:20

winenjou wrote

@winenjou 

In addition to the issue above, iPhone or Macbook can't connect to 6Ghz SSID rarely.

After reboot the device or BE805 or just ON/OFF 6ghz SSID, it get back to work. Don't know the reason, but it happens once about 3 days. 

I am having similar issue as well for my BE805 but for 5Ghz SSID. It happens once or twice a week. My iPhone 13 will get unable to connect to wireless network error. When that happens, my poco f3 is still able to connect to the same network. A restart of router fix it. 

Options
2024-08-05 03:46:39

@winenjou 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

From your description, the main issue is the stability of the WiFi connection in the 6G band, did you ever the 6G connection stability with other clients besides iPhone 15 Pro Max? Are are both wired and 5G 2.4G connections stable?
If you change one of the BE805 to router mode and still connects to the front-end with the original topology, does the 6G issue still remains.
If you have contacted local support for troubleshooting already, it is suggested to continue communicating with support for more timely and effective advice. If  Teamviewer time range is not proper for you, you may talk with them.

Options
2024-08-05 03:52:52

@Eon83 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

May I confirm only your iPhone 13 and poco f3 are connected to 5GHz wifi band? You may connect more clients to 5GHz band to test the stability.

Options
2024-08-05 04:20:41 - last edited 2024-08-05 06:18:17

@Marvin_S 

Hi, thanks for your confirmation.

Most of my devices are connect to 6G band or LAN cable(wired), so i  confirmed 6G mainly.

(Wired device and devices connecting to 5G band seems sometimes impacted at the same time)

Devices connecting to 2.4G are iot devices, I don't know the speed of them.

Once the issue happened, not only iPhone 15 Pro Max, but also other devices below are suddenly became very very slow at the same time. So I think it's not the problem of devices but the BE805's problem.

And as you know, I have two BE805s connecting to the same TP-Link Switching TL-SX105, once the problem happened, it impact the whole network.

At that time I have to restart both of the BE805s to fix the issue temporarily.

Other devices list that being impacted at the same time:

Another iPhone 15 Pro Max

Macbook Pro 16 M3 Max

Macbook Pro 14 M3 Pro x2

iPad Pro M2

iPhone 12 (5Ghz band)

* Even I changed the connection from 6Ghz band to 5Ghz, devices remain slow. The only fix method is restart BE805s and devices.

During the time that issue not happen, except not being able to connect 6G SSID rarely, speed is very fast, for about 1800Mbps.

But once the issue happened, all the devices that I can test down to under 10Mbps.

And as I have to use my ONU as the router, I can not test BE805 in router mode.

Although I contacted local support, they told me they can not provide any help even though there's several people in Japan reported the same issue....

I thought the problem may be the setting of IGMP, but after restarting both of the BE805s , it works for about 2-3 days, and then the issue happen again.

I think if there's memory leak?? or something like that just seems there's a tank, once data or traffic overflow, it impact all the devices in the network. If I restart BE805, the tank returned to empty and then loop...

Options
2024-08-08 02:52:08

@winenjou 

Hi, thanks for your update~

I am afraid there may be some misunderstanding between you and local support.

We checked that the local support suggested remote session using Teamviewer by senior engineering team, because they still need to do further analysis and research via this method.

Basis on your sharing on our community, we also recommend the same way. We would like to escalate your case to the support engineers, and they will help follow it up.  If you agree, we will email you later.

Router mode support IGMP Proxy and IGMP Snooping. Access point mode only supports IGMP Snooping and it is enabled by default. IGMP Proxy is used for NAT devices.

At the same time, we may still need to confirm some details:

1. From the network topology at the beginning, there are two switches TL-SX105 (main and sub). But in your recent update, you mentioned  “two BE805s connecting to the same TP-Link Switching TL-SX105”. So that are inconsistent, and we are quite confused.

2. What is the internet speed provided by your ISP? Did you test the speeds you mentioned by speedtest.net?

Options
2024-08-08 04:08:30

@Marvin_S 

Thanks for your confirmation.

I thought the remote support is better, but as I mentioned, when the issue happened, the whole network speed drops to under 10Mbps and sometimes under 3Mbps, remote support can not be done under this kind of slow speed.

For IGMP snooping, I think it shouldn't be enabled default in AP mode and can't be controlled by ourselves. I used routers made by other manufacturers they also provide a feature that letting us control if enable IGMP snooping in AP mode.  
Could you please provide this feature or provide a firmware that disable IGMP snooping default? Because this may be the reason that impacting the network.

And the details you confirmed, please let me answer them below.

1, I have two TL-SX105 , one using as a main and one for sub. The two BE805s are both running in AP-mode and one connecting to the main TL-SX105 and one to the sub TL-SX105. Just like this.

Internet ISP-> ONU(Huawei HN8255ws) -> main TL-SX105 -> BE805
And from the view of the main TL-SX105,

TL-SX105(Main) -> BE805

-> TL-SX105(Sub) -> BE805 

2,The internet speed from the ISP is 10Gbps(10000Mbps), I tested using two routers called WXR-11000XE12 made by Buffalo also running in  AP mode under the same architecture before using BE805.
I got almost 8Gbps using speedtest.com and fast.com and it was very stable.
Once I changed WXR-11000XE12 to BE805 , it became unstable.

I set IGMP snooping to disable when using WXR-11000XE12, so I think IGMP snooping may be the reason that causing the issue.

please let me know if you need to other information. As multiple reporting the issue using the comments in Amazon and kakaku , I am not the only one being impacted.

Options
2024-08-08 08:41:11

@winenjou 

Hi, really appreciate your detailed update again.

To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options
2024-08-15 12:00:01

Hi, 

I'm experiencing the same, within the last two weeks I notice my internet unstable. I checked my ISP connection and works without issue.

I've disabled the smart connect and the 5G nor 6G are visible (macbook air M3, I was connected to 6G two weeks ago, macbook pro M2 not able to connect to 5G). 

Firmware: 1.0.11 Build 20240318 rel.63271(5553)

My iphone is able to connect to 5G after changing the SSID.

I tried disabling the Flow Controller, only one device connected, nothing better.

ISP modem in bridge mode, Only my BE805 with NAT.

Any guess?

Options
2024-08-17 16:09:34

@AlejandroB 

I also tried disabling the Flow Controller first, but had no effect.

But I did't use BE805 in Router-Mode but in AP-Mode.

Thinking the reason may be IGMP snooping caused IP conflict.

Options