Votes

Enable IPV6 in AP mode. And Ethernet Autosensing Speed in Device Info. Deco XE75 Pro

Votes

Enable IPV6 in AP mode. And Ethernet Autosensing Speed in Device Info. Deco XE75 Pro

2024-08-06 12:39:03
Tags: #IPv6 #Access Point Mode #Feature Request (Deco)
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.2.10 Build 20240325 Rel. 57182

The 3 simple updates for the Deco XE75 Pro please. For Clarity:

1. IPV6 when in AP mode - No IPV6 in AP mode currently is disgusting. It is 2024, IPV6 is used my most ISP's
  2. In device info for the Deco "unit" there should be the Ethernet speed shown from the App
  3. The APP should have an expert section for those with a bit more technical knowledge

In AP mode the Deco XE75 Pro does not support IPV6 at all.This is not advertised anywhere. You only know after you buy.

There is no way to tell if your Deco is correctly auto-sensing the Ethernet speed. 

The App needs an expert section with more information

Options
6 Reply
RE:Enable IPV6 in AP mode. And Ethernet Autosensing Speed in Device Info. Deco XE75 Pro
2024-08-06 12:52:58
This is an absolute must have.
Options
Re:Enable IPV6 in AP mode. And Ethernet Autosensing Speed in Device Info. Deco XE75 Pro
2024-08-06 12:57:41

@Crazylife I agree. It is madness to not have IPV6 in AP mode or be able to see what speed Ethernet is running at.

Please enable these features in the next firmware update. Thank you.

Options
RE:Enable IPV6 in AP mode. And Ethernet Autosensing Speed in Device Info. Deco XE75 Pro
2024-08-06 12:58:04
Please enable these features.
Options
2024-08-06 13:04:50
Please, please, please can someone enable IPV6 for AP mode. The point about not being able to see the ethernet speeds is well made. The latest App and Firmware updates have seen less configuration options than ever, I understand that you want it simple for less support calls, but there is a need for better information. If there is more information available that would also cut down on support calls and chats etc. Again I say, Please, Please, Please enable IPv6 for AP mode on the Deco Xe75 Pro. Thank you.
Options
Re:Enable IPV6 in AP mode. And Ethernet Autosensing Speed in Device Info. Deco XE75 Pro
2024-08-06 13:19:00

@Crazylife I too would like to see these options enabled.

For crying out loud IPV6 should be enabled when in Access Point (AP) mode. This is a no brainer. I hope it is an oversight and not a "feature". Also, not being aboe to see the speed each ethernt port is runnig at is silly. Come on tp-link, you are better than this.

Options
3 weeks ago

@TP-Link 

Has anyone from TP-Link seen this thread? IPV6 is important to those that have a cable service and require a cable modem and so need to use the Deco XE75 Pro in AP mode.

Even if you are in the UK using the biggest supplier of internet access, BT, they require you to put your BT router back on and in place if there is ever an issue, so for many people using the Deco as an AP is the preferred route.

Or those of us with another type of firewall in place need the Deco in AP mode.

Please, please, please add IPV6 to the AP mode.

Thank you for your help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 154

Replies: 6

Voters 3

Tags

IPv6 Access Point Mode
Feature Request (Deco)