Votes

Using USB port from AX55 as Print Share

2024-08-09 07:09:53 - last edited 2024-08-16 08:20:44
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

A suggestion : for the next up dated firmware of AX 55 the technicians to have in attention the possibility to use the USB port of the router also as Print Share as many clients would be happy to be able to connect a usb printer on the router network not only a hdd or usb stick memory - as it functioning allready at a lot of other models of TP Link Routers!!!!

Options
6 Reply
Re:Using USB port from AX55 as Print Share
2024-08-09 07:50:31 - last edited 2024-08-13 03:41:08

@Bog1 

I completely agree with your suggestion about enabling print sharing through the USB port on the Archer AX55. This feature is available on several other TP-Link models, and it would indeed be a valuable addition to the AX55's capabilities. Many users would benefit from the convenience of connecting a USB printer to the network, making it easier to manage printing tasks without the need for additional hardware.

Enabling this feature in a future firmware update would enhance the router's functionality and meet the needs of users looking for an all-in-one network solution. Thank you for bringing this up!smiley

Options
2024-08-09 11:41:46 - last edited 2024-08-13 03:41:08

A feature request regarding this functionality has been filed more than a year ago - details. No one has up-voted this request so far.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-08-09 21:17:41 - last edited 2024-08-13 03:41:08
My dear friend, I know is a little difficult to work and easier to say what is in your favor and let the things as they are as your salary is the same if you do something or let the things as they are. I just received a message on the forum - see below and also other people last year requested that USB plug to serve as a printer share not only for HDD share but is more convenient for you to pick up only comments that does not put you to work and make an effort. Hope in the end - as I will not stop and bring this to international press and media to show that you censure the requests that ask you to work and take in consideration only the ones that are comfortable for you - I will se an efort from the technicians side and compilate a update version that will also allow us to use the usb port of AX 55 as Printer Share! Maybe you are bribed by some printers companies to promote in this way their WiFi and Network printers and to oblige us to spend more money to buy new printers from them instead to be able to use our USB printers on our local networks!
Options
2024-08-13 03:38:14 - last edited 2024-08-13 03:41:09

@Bog1 

Hi

Thank you for sharing the product function requirements with the community. However, as of now, it's worth noting that most new routers do not currently support printer sharing. If you're still looking to set up printer sharing, we recommend purchasing a printer server.

To better consolidate and clarify the needs expressed, we will merge your post with the main discussion thread. If you're interested, please visit the main post to cast your vote.

Print Server for Archer AX55

If there are others with similar requirements, we aim to gather detailed descriptions of these needs to ensure that the relevant departments fully understand and can conduct thorough assessments for functional support.

Options
2024-08-13 05:59:53

@Joseph-TP Hi. There is no big philosophy - just add at the update firmware the possibility to use the usb port from AX55 also as a print share! So nothing complicated to understand for your team - just that we do not want to spent additional money to replace our already existing usb printer with a wi-fi one or network printer or to buy a print server to fill our house with supplementary wires and AC adapters!  Is this so hard to understand for your team?!?!?!?

Joseph-TP wrote

@Bog1 

Hi

Thank you for sharing the product function requirements with the community. However, as of now, it's worth noting that most new routers do not currently support printer sharing. If you're still looking to set up printer sharing, we recommend purchasing a printer server.

To better consolidate and clarify the needs expressed, we will merge your post with the main discussion thread. If you're interested, please visit the main post to cast your vote.

Print Server for Archer AX55

If there are others with similar requirements, we aim to gather detailed descriptions of these needs to ensure that the relevant departments fully understand and can conduct thorough assessments for functional support.

Options
RE:Using USB port from AX55 as Print Share
2024-08-19 08:29:01 - last edited 2024-08-19 08:39:37

@Joseph-TP 

The router not having the print server sharing function is a barrier in my router choice. I really like using tplink but hesitated because the usb port cannot share the printer. While the asus router still supports it, forcing me to change my choice between liking tplink or serving my needs.

The number of article views is the number of people looking for this related topic.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 397

Replies: 6

Voters 2