Mesh Deco E4, M4 Problems -- Please Help

2024-08-12 18:24:06
Model: Deco E4   Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.4 Build 20211101 Rel. 75384

Hi,

I set up a Deco E3 | AC1200 Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System a few days ago and everything was working fine till I added the Deco M4 Mesh system as the main router to try and overcome the 100 mbps ethernet port issue with the E4 systems. 

Earlier today I tried to change the main router to the M4 and that didn't go well so I deleted the network and set everything up all over again and it was working at first. We only got 120 mbps whish i guess was better than a hundred but our ISP gets us like 400 - 800 mbps. then after 3 - 4 hours all our decos went red so I went to see if it was our internet provider or the mesh system. At first the Internet was actually down for 10 mins then when it was back up our whole mesh network just came crumbling down it would go white the start blinking red every few minutes after 2 hours of that. (mind you the whole time our internet provider wifi was at 400mbps) I started resetting the decos and connecting them all over again and they whole never work for more than an hour.

So I gave up I hit forget this network and started again with the E4 as my main router cause clearly the M4 was just not up for it. And now the E4 says it's connected which is great but as I go check the internet speed for the Deco E4 main router, the tab wouldn't load cause there was no WiFi ):

I'm honestly no sure what to do anymore, please help me. The app says everything looks good but there's no internet on my deco. When I scan it says it's perfect :)))

Options
1 Reply
Re:Mesh Deco E4, M4 Problems -- Please Help
2024-08-13 08:47:25

@eapatan 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

May I know who is your internet service provider?

How about the model number of the ISP gateway box?

For now, I believe there are only Deco E4 units into the Mesh system , right?

Is the main Deco E4 the only device that connected to the ISP gateway box?

It is suggested to reboot both ISP gateway and main Deco E4 first. 

After that, wait for Deco E4 turn to solid white and check the internet service from Deco again.

--- If still no internet connection from Deco, please refer to this link to change the IPV4 DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.

How to change DNS server settings on my Deco

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 96

Replies: 1

Related Articles