RE315 in Access Point mode

2024-08-18 18:33:59 - last edited 2024-08-18 18:56:05
Model: RE315  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.30 Build 230919 Rel.52342n

Hello,

I am having issues getting the RE315 to work in Access Point mode. As a note, the device works just fine as a range extender mode.

My router is setup in my basement and I have an ethernet port upstairs where I plan on connecting the AP.

The problem is that when I try to connect the AP in that ethernet port, it will not work. I see the wifi extension created by the device but there is no internet. I have tried connecting my laptop to the ethernet port and it works just fine.

I have also tried connecting the AP directly to the back of the router and the AP works just fine.

Is there something I am missing? Is there anything I should be checking?

DHCP settings are set to Auto but I've also tried disabling this.

LAN settings is set to "Obtain an IP address automatically".

Thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE315 in Access Point mode
2024-08-18 21:16:34

@nich_10 

Hi,

Are you saying that if you connect the RE315 in AP mode "directly to the back of the router" via another Ethernet cable, then it works fine, but if you connect the RE315 in AP mode to the router via the Ethernet cable that runs inside your building's walls, then it doesn't connect?

If that was the case, then you need to check the connection that runs through the walls.

The fact that your laptop works when connected to that Ethernet port doesn't mean much. Some Ethernet chips are able to deal with lower quality signals and even with wrongly wired ports.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 164

Replies: 1

Related Articles