RE500X stop working after a while

3 weeks ago
Model: RE500X   Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20210611 Rel. 180628

Hi, I have an archer ax55 v1 updated to latest firmware 1.3.3 Build 20240628 rel.37017(4555) and then I have a range extender RE500x, all in one mesh network

I have smar connection on, so I have 1 unique network.

The problem is that after a while the network (on main router too) stops working and app/web pages keep loading until I disconnect and connect to the network.

The only way to fix this is to reset the extender.

I tried to look for updates for the RE500x but this is not updated since 2021!

If has similar problem please help. Thank you

Options
4 Reply
Re:RE500X stop working after a while
3 weeks ago

@criexe 

Hi

This inquiry presents a rather unique situation, and I would like to kindly request further clarification on certain aspects of the issue:
1. Is the Extender currently connected to the router via a wired connection? If so, it is advisable to establish a wireless connection between the router and extender.
2. I recommend disabling smart connect and assigning distinct SSIDs for the extender's 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. This will help identify the specific frequency band to which the Wi-Fi is connected when encountering the issue.

3. Does the problem resolve when the extender is disconnected from the router?

Options
3 weeks ago

@Joseph-TP 

hi, thanks for the suggestions 

1. the extender is connected via

2. I can try, but I already had 2 different networks and the issue was present anyway

3. Yes, I tried powering off the extender when I was facing this issue and the network get back to work

i had the same issues when I had the RE300 that I have not anymore because was replaced by this one 

Options
2 weeks ago

@criexe 

Hi

I may have missed your initial response. Could you please confirm if the Extender is presently connected to the router using a wired connection? If so, it would be beneficial to establish a wireless connection between the router and extender.

Furthermore, we kindly suggest separating the SSIDs of the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands and connecting the device to the 5GHz network to assess if the issue persists.

Best regards.

Options
a week ago

@Joseph-TP 

ho, sorry I missed a word

i meant that they're connected via wireless 

Options