How do I troubleshoot issues with network storage on TP-Link routers?

2024-08-21 11:56:24 - last edited 2024-08-22 02:15:12
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone,

I’m having trouble with network storage on my TP-Link router and could use some help. Specifically, I'm experiencing issues with accessing or managing my network storage devices through the router.

Here are the issues I’m facing:

1. Connection Problems: The network storage device intermittently disconnects or fails to appear on the network.
  2. Access Issues: I’m having trouble accessing files or folders on the storage device from different devices on the network.
  3. Performance: Transfer speeds seem slower than expected.

What I’ve tried so far:

• Restarted the router and storage device.
  • Checked cable connections and power.
  • Updated the router’s firmware.

Could anyone offer some troubleshooting steps or tips to resolve these issues? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Options
1 Reply
Re:How do I troubleshoot issues with network storage on TP-Link routers?
2024-08-22 07:42:09

@jamesedision 

Hi

1. It is recommended that you plug the storage device directly into the computer to see if there is a disconnect.

2. You could do is to activate the access method "Local FTP" and then try to access it.
How do you access it, Samba or FTP? Is there any error message when access fails?
3. Regarding speed, do you mean the read or write speed is slow? How large of the file you are trying to transfer? How much speed can you get for the read or write speed?

The information provided in the following posts is intended for reference purposes: AX73 router, slow transfer speed to usb storage

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 67

Replies: 1

Related Articles