How to troubleshoot issues with pairing?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-18 17:32:54
Model: TL-PA4010P KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1.2141-00_401114_180516_901

Hello folks,

my setup includes AV 600 adapters from the TL-PA4010PKIT.

I experience issues with the pairing after one of the adapters has been turned off/without electricity.

I am turning one off during the night because of the high pitch noise the powerline adapters have when they are not in use. When it is plugged in again, it just won't connect.

The top and bottom leds are on, the middle one isn't. Occasionally all leds are turning off / blinking.

To get them both paired again I am going through some mystery trial plugging both in and out, pairing them again using the buttons etc and after a long trial (sometimes 20 min) they magically connect again and all 3 leds are lighting up. The connection shows 200mbps or higher in the plc utility and once connected everything works really well. Do you have any suggestions on how to find the reason why the pairing is such an issue? There must be something wrong for sure, but I doubt it's the wiring because the connection is good once paired. I have already tried using different wall outlets and there is no power strip used. I am not changing anything in the setup of other electric devices that might cause noise.

Do you have any debugging tools or logs I could check?

Best regards

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to troubleshoot issues with pairing?
2019-04-19 03:05:17

Hi,

could you please shot a short video about the high pitch noise issue and send to us.

Meanwhile, have you ever tried to hard reset it?

Or try to pair them with the tpPLC utility? Does it work? Below is the instruction you can refer to : 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1615/

Besides, it is suggested to disable power saving mode to give it a go. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2018/

When and where did you buy this powerline adapters as well?

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1041

Replies: 1

Related Articles