My new Archer T3U Plus (EU) not connecting to 5GHz network

3 weeks ago
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Win 11, USB3

When plugging in the Archer T3U Plus adapter, it all seemed to work fine. I then downloaded the TP-Link driver of your website to have a newer version.

After installation my 5Ghz and 2.4 GHz networks were visible. However my computer wouldn't connect to the 5 GHz network. Since then only the 2.4 would work.

I restarted, still same problem. I then went back to the previous driver using Windows Device Manager. That did uninstall your newest driver, but I still couldn't connect to the 5GHz. After unplugging the adapter, the 5GHz is visible but fails to connect. 

Once the first connection attempt fails, the 5GHz network is not visible to my PC anymore. 2.4 continues to work fine.

Options
2 Reply
Re:My new Archer T3U Plus (EU) not connecting to 5GHz network
3 weeks ago

In the device manager I switched the Wireless Mode from "auto" to "802.11 a/n/ac. Now it finds the 5GHz network, however, as auto is not working, it doesn't list other netoworks like my 2.4.

So it seems, that somehow this is auto-detect related.

Options
Re:My new Archer T3U Plus (EU) not connecting to 5GHz network
2 weeks ago

@fastandcurious 

Hi, welcome to the community.

It is also suggested to install the following driver to see whether it helped:

https://static.tp-link.com/upload/beta/2024/202405/20240527/RTWlanUSB_WindowsDriver_1030.44.0408.2024_Drv_3.00.0043_TS.L(153650).zip

By the way, did you just purchase this adapter?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options