Deco S4 slow wireless speed

2 weeks ago
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.1

Hi,

I have recenelty bought a three pack of Deco S4's to boost the signla strength of my wifi and I can't seem to boost the wireless signal around my home.

When hardwired into the deco connected to the modem I get around 980mbs (I am paying for 1000mbs), and around 650 mbs when wirelessly connected to the network, but next to the router deco.

When I move to a neighbouring room (that has its own deco) my wireless speed drops to around 150mbs and my wired speed to around 300mbs. I have tried several different solutions and cant seem to find anything that has worked

All three decos arent near any metal and have a signal strength of between 2/3 bars consistently. I have reset the network several times alog with changing if it is 2.4ghz or 5 ghz only and testing it in access point mode. Nothing seems to be making a signficant difference

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco S4 slow wireless speed
2 weeks ago

@SQUIDGOLEM124 

Hi,

Is the satellite Deco(neighbouring room) connecting to the main Deco via WIFi backhaul?

Please power off this Deco unit, stand next to it and connect your phone to main Deco, and test how much speed you can get from the main unit.

Besides, you can change the WIFI settings to 5G only and test if it will be better.

How to change the Wireless Settings on your Deco app

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options