Wifi randomly drops

Wifi randomly drops

Wifi randomly drops
Wifi randomly drops
3 weeks ago
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.2.8 Build 20240522 Rel. 33652

My wifi connection randomly drops, usually a few times every day. This occurs on my phone and TV, both of which connect over 2.4ghz. This is what typically happens, using my phone as example:

- wifi indicator goes blank

- wifi indicator comes back, but it takes a few seconds to for my phone to access internet over wifi

- normal behaviour resumes

I have not yet observed the colour of the light on the unit while wifi is dropped, but it does not appear to be erroring or resetting. AFAIK, it's always green.

My unit did have some issues earlier this month, with the light turning red on two occasions and requiring a reset. But this hasn't happened lately.

Currently, I only have one X60 unit. It is running in access point mode, as it connects to a router (Omada ER605). (There was a satellite unit, but it is being replaced due to defect.)

This is my setup, using ethernet backhaul:

[ISP] ⇒ [router] ⇒ [Deco]

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wifi randomly drops
3 weeks ago

@friendofdog 

Hi,

Is the WIFI indicator you mentioned on your phone and TV?

If so, please also check if the WIFI is still connected when the issue happens.

Wil the same issue happen as well when they connect to 5G? You can create a 5G only guest network and test.

How to set up a Guest Network for Deco

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Wifi randomly drops
3 weeks ago

@Sunshine 

> Is the WIFI indicator you mentioned on your phone and TV?

> If so, please also check if the WIFI is still connected when the issue happens.

The indicator is on my phone. The wifi network disappears then re-appears. The same thing happens using my laptop.

Sometimes while re-connecting, I will see "connected without internet" for about 3-5 seconds. But then a connection to the internet is made.

> Wil the same issue happen as well when they connect to 5G? You can create a 5G only guest network and test.

I set up a 5ghz guest network and tested it over the last two days on my phone. After a few tries, my phone connected and wifi did not drop. (Of course, I was not watching my phone the entire time.)

But the next day, I tried to connect again and got a "connection failed". I made no changes to the guest network.

Options