Conflicting Fritzbox and Deco X55

3 weeks ago
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 build 20231229 rel 43148

I need some help setting up my TP Link link network with Fritzbox correctly please.

I have Fritzbox 7530 that is connected to the Fiber Broadband Box

From Fritzbox I connect TP-Link SL2428P JetStream Smart Switch and from that I distribute internet to number of smaller 4-8 port POE switches for POE cameras, sensors and other devices including Deco X55 (Main) + Deco X50 (Outdoor) for Mesh WiFi distribution inside and outside the house.

Problem 1

I know the Wifi on FritzBox need to be disabled.

If I disable Fritz Wifi I can't make any calls. I use VOIP number via Fritzbox - Fritz Fon C6 that connects over Wifi only.

Is there is a way around that?

Problem 2

All LAN and POE connected devices are associated with FritzBox. Is it possible to have them connected to Deco network? if so how?

Just to add - if possible explain in plain English :) I'm in IT but not dealing with networks and hardware on the daily basis.

Thank you,

Natalija

Options
2 Reply
Re:Conflicting Fritzbox and Deco X55
3 weeks ago

@Natalija 

Hi,

So you want to set up the home network this way?

Fritzbox 7530(router mode, WIFI disabled)--TP-Link SL2428P--Deco X55 (Main) + Deco X50 (Outdoor)

For problem 1, Deco products do not support the VOIP function. So you cannot do this setting on Deco.

For problem 2, do you mean that you want the LAN and POE devices that connect to the switch SL2428P to work within the same subnet?

If so, a simple way to achieve this is to let Deco work in Access Point mode.

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Conflicting Fritzbox and Deco X55
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Sunshine thank you very much for your help!

Yes, it's home network and yes  set up is like you said - Fritzbox 7530(router mode, WIFI disabled)--TP-Link SL2428P--Deco X55 (Main) + Deco X50 (Outdoor)

I changed Fritzbox to wouter mode and disabled WiFi, also found solution to Probelm 1. Very happy with this part.

Part 2 is where I guess I need more help now. 

I probably need a bit of help to set up TP Link network, as something is not looking right.

I would like to be able to see all my devices connected in one place. Currwently I can see Wireless devices in Deco, but not LAN or POE devices. Where I can do that?

I have Synology NAS server and it's not available online since I connected that to SL2428P. I guess again I'm missing some configurations on SL2428P.

I can't configure POE camera that is connected to SL2428P from my mobile phone that is conneced via WiFi. 

Any help is very much appreciated!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 121

Replies: 2

Related Articles