tp-link USB to Ethernet Adapter Model:UE306

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hi,

I purchased the following from Amazon a few weeks ago:

https://www.amazon.com/USB-Ethernet-Adapter-Gigabit-Switch/dp/B09GRL3VCN

It was working fine until this morning.  The white light indicator on the adapter does not show up anymore and the ethernet adapter is no longer working.  If I unplug the adapter from the usb port and plug it back in the white light will come back for a few seconds and then turn off.  Please help me to resolve this issue.  Also sorry I didn't put the product information in the form but it was not coming up and I was unable to fill out the forms.  It is the same exact product in that Amazon link above though.  Model number is UE306.

Also I have three other UE306 adapters running on the same computer which I bought around the same time as the one that stopped working so definitely.  All three are working fine so its definitely not a software/driver issue.  I also tried switching ethernet cables to see if it was the ethernet cable and I tried moving it to a different USB port and it still doesn't work.

Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP Link USB to Ethernet Adapter Model:UE306-Solution

Actually nevermind I solved it.  I am using OpenWrt and I have 4 tp-link UE306 plugged into my OpenWrt machine.  I was looking through the router configuration and noticed I only had 3 of them attached to my bridge interace.  I added the fourth one and it is working now.  I had a power outage two days ago and I had to reboot the OpenWrt machine.  I'm thinking that somehow must have messed up the configuration settings.

Anyway nothing wrong with the tp-link product.  It is working fine now!

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP Link USB to Ethernet Adapter Model:UE306-Solution

Actually nevermind I solved it.  I am using OpenWrt and I have 4 tp-link UE306 plugged into my OpenWrt machine.  I was looking through the router configuration and noticed I only had 3 of them attached to my bridge interace.  I added the fourth one and it is working now.  I had a power outage two days ago and I had to reboot the OpenWrt machine.  I'm thinking that somehow must have messed up the configuration settings.

Anyway nothing wrong with the tp-link product.  It is working fine now!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 125

Replies: 1

Related Articles