2.  A TP-Link Archer V.2 router

3.  Two Windowss 11 PCs (VPN)

3.  Two Samsung S23 mobiles (VPN)

4.  Firestick 4K Max (VPN)

5.  Two Raspberry Pi 5s

6.  Virgin Media TV box

7.  Various other devices such as Kindle, Echo and printer

I have 250 MB internet connection with VM

I have set up (well I think I have!) my  router to run NordVPN via an OpenVPN connection. I have chosen a close-by server and I am using the TCP protocol. According to TP-Link documentation all settings seem to be correct

I have set up TP-Link DDNS and, under VPN Clients, I have set up all my chosen local devices.

I have severl queries.

1.  How do I know the VPN is up and running on my router?

2.  If the VPN is up and running on the router, how do check each of my devices to see if it is using the VPN?

3.  Is there any was I can see what devices are connected, directly or via the VPN, to the router?

4.  Is there anyway to find the IP address of all devices on my LAN, connected directly or via VPN?

5.  I have fixed IP addresses for some devices connected directly. Can I fix IP addresses for the VPN devices?

6.  Do I need to install any software on ny VPN devices to make them connect to the VPN?

7.  As my router is connected to the Internet via the Hub 3.0 do I need to set up port forwarding

As you can see I am a complete newbie and I am still in the wandering-around-hopefully stage

Help will be very welcome

Options
1 Reply
Re:Using a Archer AX73 as a VPN Router
3 weeks ago

@djc290761 

This guide should answer most of your questions.

You don't have to set up port forwarding to use the VPN Client.

If you need to fix the IP address of a device that use VPN Client use the router DHCP address reservation feature - details.

To find the IP address of the device that is using the VPN Client you can to cross-check its MAC address in the router DHCP Client List table:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options