VX1800v not connecting to Sky (New Firmware)

2 weeks ago
Model: Archer VX1800v  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer_VX1800vv1_0.12.0_2.0.0_UP_BOOT(240329)_2024-03-29_14.51.24.bin

I'm currently using a DrayTek Vigor 2762 which I've been using for around 5+ years.

I've used this on both Sky and Now broadband (VDSL) using exactly the same option 61 string that I was able to enter on the setup page.

But due to there being no more security updates I've decided to buy something new.

I bought the Archer VX1800v with the understanding it should work with the Sky broadband service when using the latest firmware. (I'm actually using Now broadband, which is a Sky owned company requiring the same option 61 to connect.)

The following is all done via Browser based web interface.
I installed the updated firmware below which installed fine and updated the Archer VX1800v
Archer_VX1800vv1_0.12.0_2.0.0_UP_BOOT(240329)_2024-03-29_14.51.24.bin

I notice there were two Sky VDSL options, both options attempted to connect and both failed to connect.
During the setup I was expecting to have to enter option 61 string that I'm using on my current broadband router (Vigor 2762), but there doesn't appear to be any options to do this?
I will probably be sending this back to Amazon on Friday unless anyone that can help me out.

thanks

Jad40

Options
4 Reply
Re:VX1800v not connecting to Sky (New Firmware)
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Jad40 

Hi,

Please refer to this thread and upgrade the firmware Archer VX1800v_V1_240326.

Archer VX1800v Cannot Connect to Sky Broadband (UK) or NowTV MER Line

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2 weeks ago

@Sunshine 

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, you are askimg me to install and older firmware is that correct?

You link didn't work but i found it on searching the forum.

it's old information that I've already looked at and it appears it never worked with that member either.

Trying keep costs down, obviously doesn't work. I'll have look at ASUS instead.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Jad40 

Hi,

Your current firmware 240329 is the official updated version.

The beta firmware in the thread is to help resolve the issue with ISP SKY. You can have a try first.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2 weeks ago

It is like the Archer VX1800v might not be properly recognizing the option 61 string. You might want to double-check if there’s a specific section for VDSL settings or advanced configurations where you can input custom  WhatsApp Pro update parameters. If that’s not available, contacting the manufacturer’s support might provide a solution or confirm if the device supports option 61 for Sky broadband.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 117

Replies: 4

Related Articles