ethernet backhaul not select when extending the network

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.10 Build 20240130 Rel. 77367(4555)

Hey,

I'm trying to connect my AX53 (running FW 1.2.4 Build 20240509 rel.64683) router as a satalite router so it will use ethernet backhaul and not WIFI.

I updated the FW in both devices but on the UI i see it's uging the WIFI, what am i missing?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ethernet backhaul not select when extending the network-Solution

@Rafi1082 

Hi, 

Please check the model, hardware version, and software version of both the main router and the satellite router to ensure that they both support Ethernet backhaul.

If both support EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul, please try differnet Ethernet cable and Ethernet ports.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:ethernet backhaul not select when extending the network
a week ago

@Rafi1082 

Hi,

At present the Archer AX53 V1 supports EasyMesh Ethernet backhaul only with firmware version 1.2.4 Build 20240206.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/593722

Options
a week ago

@woozle 

Where can I find the fw? I used the last few I found in tp link website

Options
a week ago

found it

https://static.tp-link.com/upload/beta/2024/202402/20240206/Archer_AX53_V1_1.2.4_Build_20240206.zip

thanks

Options
a week ago
@woozle thanks for the tip. sadly i can't downgrade the FW, I tried to downgrade to the beta and to an older version on the site but the version stays on 1.2.4. Any solution?
Options
Re:ethernet backhaul not select when extending the network-Solution

@Rafi1082 

Hi, 

Please check the model, hardware version, and software version of both the main router and the satellite router to ensure that they both support Ethernet backhaul.

If both support EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul, please try differnet Ethernet cable and Ethernet ports.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
a week ago

@Sunshine 

Hey,

I looked in this page

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW - Home Network Community (tp-link.com)

According to it the main router supports. The problem is the Ax53 is V1 and it has the latest firmware which is newer then the public beta and I can't downgrade.

what can i do?

Options

after many retries with various versions i was able to put the beta version so

in the AX53 i have version 1.2.4 Build 20240206 rel.41393

in the main router ax10 1500 i have 1.3.10 Build 20240130 Rel. 77367(4555)

now it's working!! thanks

Options