VR600 disconnections on supervectoring

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: Archer VR600(EU)_V3_230809

Hey guys, I purchased a few days ago a new VR600 v3 to match my super VDSL upgrade, 200mbps from Cosmote Greece. From the first moment I noticed lots of pkts losses and disconnections. Somehow with the VR600 the SNR drops down to 5.7, when the provider 's speedportplus 2 gives SNR of 15 and rock solid. The losses are zero because it always hard reboots. I 'm pretty sure this is the main reason for the disconnections but why does this happen? Please help!

Options
6 Reply
Re:VR600 disconnections on supervectoring
3 weeks ago

@Alex_Tsk 

Hi,

How about the light status on the VR600 when it disconnects?

Do you use the VR600 to replace the speedportplus 2 or you connect the VR600 after the speedportplus 2 to extend network? Please provide the topology, which would also help.

You can also change the DNS settings on the VR600 first and check if it can work.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
3 weeks ago

@Sunshine the VR600 was purchased to replace the speedportplus 2... 

When disconnection takes place, the dsl led starts flashing, next dsl led goes orange or whatever colour that is, then it goes off and dsl keeps flashing... I have to wait at least 5 minutes until it goes solid again and reconnect, maybe even more... I 've tested with and without Ethernet ports connected... House wiring is brand new... I ve tried could flare 1.1.1.1 dns too but no luck... But as I said the big difference is the low SNR compare to speedportplus... I can't explain it... I m using speedportplus for about a week now because VR caused lots of problems and I haven't seen a single drop in connection or even pkts loss... Please let me know if there is a solution even with a beta update... I ll try anything.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Sunshine I hope you have an answer for me... I m still waiting... Admins in the forum are probably my last hope to make this work...

Options
2 weeks ago

@Alex_Tsk 

Hi,

Please use the same DSL line to connect the VR600, and make sure it is tightly plugged in.

If there is a splitter in the line, please also remove it.

If all steps above cannot help, please contact the local support team with the results of the troubleshooting steps.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2 weeks ago
Options
2 weeks ago

@Santo1010 no solution for me so far...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 171

Replies: 6